Prologue

People come and go. Some pass on and find peace. Some are eternally stuck in purgatory. And some are willing to stay in between the planes and assist the people called Spirit Callers. However some spirits are so powerful and malevolent that they can cross over from the other side and corrupt someone with even the purest of hearts. These are the spirits that I summon. This is my story.

"Focus your thoughts Angel. You have the power, all you need is to want it. Calling a spirit is not something to be careless while doing. If you let your thoughts waver a dark spirit could corrupt you.". I tried to calm my thoughts from the millions of worries that haunted me. I know I have the capability to be the strongest Spirit Caller of my generation, but I can't seem to get over my fear.

"I can't do it. I'm just too scared." I say completely defeated. "Try again. You're over-thinking this. Just do it.". I can hear the aggravation in his tone. He's trying to hide his frustration, but I know him all too well.

"I don't know if I can though. Can we just be done for today?". I'm practically begging  at this point. "No! Focus on the task at hand. We aren't stopping until you call a spirit!". Why is he so mad at me? "Fine." I say, my voice betrays me and comes out more shaky than I wanted it to.

With a deep breath I try clearing my thoughts, but I only become more frustrated with myself and my mentor for making me do this. Right as I was about to throw in the towel and give up again, I heard a voice. It was faint and I couldn't really make out what it was saying to me. "Who are you?" I ask. The voice says something but I still can't understand it. "Speak up! I can't hear you!". "Calm down and don't get so worked up Angel. If you get too worked up you could call a dark spirit.". I hear his voice, but I don't care anymore. "Tell me who your are! I demand that you tell me!". Just then I felt a rush of wind and a sudden burst of power.

"Angel! You have to stop. Now! You've summoned a dark spirit! End the connection!" 

"Shut up! I can handle this." I don't know that I can. Can I? "Why don't you have any faith in me?"

"Because you can't control yourself or your abilities yet!" That hurt. I have control over myself. I summoned a spirit, right? So why doesn't he think I can control it?

"No! I can do this! Watch!" I'm so irritated that I can't think straight. "Spirit, I command you to do my bidding. Do as I command!". What is this feeling? Am I doing it? "Tell me who you are. Name yourself, Spirit!". "You don't control me! I am the most powerful entity existing! I am Enzo!". My stomach sank at the sound of his voice. It was malicious. I'm scared. I really can't do this.

Just then a shadow appeared in front of us. The very presence was bone chilling. I don't know what to do. "Help me! I can't do this." I turn to look at the man that I look up to and he's frozen in fear. What have I done? "Please! Send him away!". The shadow is starting to take shape. It's a huge entity. I can't believe I did this.

"Stand back." My mentor steps in between the shadow of Enzo  and I. "Dark spirit, I banish you from this plane! Leave now! You are not welcome here!".

"Silence old man!" The voice sounds as though it's coming from all around us. "I will do as I please. Your power isn't strong enough to send me back.". The feeling of death is growing more and more threatening.The air in the room is almost too thick to breath in. This is it for us. This is all my fault. I've just killed us.

"Yes Angel, be afraid."

"Stay out of my mind. Go away now!"

"NO! I won't be banished by the likes of you!". When he says that the shadow lunges foward and I flinch, but he wasn't coming for me. When I turn around my mentor is laying on the ground, but with no wounds. "Get up! He's right over you!" He doesn't move. "HAHAHAHAHA! He can't hear you now. Now it's just you and me.". The shadow slowly moves towards me and I'm frozen. I can't move. "Get away. Please, leave me alone.". Why hasn't he ended me already?

"Ahh. I see you have power. I don't think I'll kill you. As a matter of fact, I'm going to let you live for a long time.". I can't seem to find any words. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. "Yes, you'll do just fine."

The shadow engulfs me in darkness and I feel so much power. I feel unbeatable. Like I can crush mountains. As soon as this realization hits me, so does the fact that the only person that I had in my life is dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jump awake from the nighmare from my childhood that I can never seem to escape. "Why do I keep having that nightmare." I ask myself. When I look at the clock beside my bed it reads 4:00 am. "Dammit. It's too early to be awake.". I lay back and try to go back to sleep, but the thought of that shadow is plaguing my mind.

A/N Hey guys, it's Tyler. I really hope you like this story. I haven't really thought this out. It was kind of a spur of the moment type thing, so I don't know whats going to happen next either. lol anyways, like I said I hope you like it. byeeee <3