chapter 1

June,20,2018

Wednesday morning. I woke up to smell of freshly baked pancakes. I got out of bed, tied up my hair in a messy bun. Smell my breath... Ugh! It stinks...who cares it's morning breath anyways.
               ***************

Emily :  what smells so heavenly in here?
Amelia : I made your favourite... pancakes! Sit down grab a plate and dig in before Keenan wakes up.
Emily : I couldn't care less about Keenan. He is not eating all of  my pancakes today 😉
Keenan :  I heard that!
Emily : I thought he was still asleep?
Keenan : I thought you ate up all of my pancakes? Guess not 😉😋
Emily :  Hey, get your own pancakes! Mom!?
Amelia : Children behave please
              ****************
That's how every morning goes in the Samson house. Keenan get's away with everything. He is my older brother. My only brother. He is three years older than me. I'm fifteen and he is eighteen. Well almost eighteen. His birthday is in two weeks and knowing him the whole lot of Weston high School is going to flood this house through. My brother is a people's person. He talks with everyone. He is friends with everyone and everyone. Then there's me. The geek freak. I don't like to socialize with anyone except my family. There are times when I have to do project with other students but I usually end up doing it all by myself just to avoid communicating with my fellow student/assignment partner.

              **************

School is not my scene. I know what you thinking that geeks love school but I don't. My school life is a living nightmare... that's if my brother doesn't safe me. Teenagers are mean. Cruel actually if you ask me. I get made fun everyday cause the way I dress. I mean come on what's wrong with jeans and sweaters? I'm not into dresses or skirts for that matter. The Cheers short for the cheerleaders they basically hate me. The reason? Well it all comes down back to kindergarten.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was six years old. So we're the rest of my class mates. Amanda was my friend back in kindergarten. I think she was the only friend I had ever had. Anyways, back to the point. Allison aka the captain of the cheer squad was new to our school. Amanda was kind enough to let her join us - and not just for that one day but everyday. She didn't hesitate to say yes cause she said she didn't want to eat or play alone. The days has passed and it almost seemed like Amanda liked Allison more than me. It also seemed as if Allison didn't like me at all. Why I don't know and still don't know. Weeks has passed and it was Amanda's birthday. Everyone in class was invited to celebrate Amanda's birthday party at her house. My mother had bought me a new dress. Yep you got that right . A dress. Fyi I only wore dresses when I was younger. Anyways, my mother had dropped me off at Amanda's house for her birthday party. I got there the house was beautifully decorated with birthday banners, soft but clear music played all through the house. I was invited in by Amanda's mom. She led me back to the backyard where all the kids were playing and some were eating cake. There was this huge trampoline and a swimming pool also. Immediately as Amanda saw me her face lit up instantly. As for Allison, well she wasn't too happy to see me. Amanda have some cake to eat and cooldrink. It was all nice playing and jumping on the trampoline I had so much fun. The crowd on the trampoline got smaller afterwards it was just me and Allison. She didn't have that angry look on her face anymore. She seemed happy. Until we were all alone in the backyard. Everyone went inside for popcorn and chips. Allison and I were jumping and suddenly she wanted to jump out of the trampoline. As she jumped out of the trampoline she broke her ankle. She screamed so hard when the ground hit her. I was so scared I got out of that trampoline as fast as I could. I went to sit by her side and asked if she was okay and to my surprise she had that angry face again. She was angry no livid actually. She swear it was my fault. Amanda and her mother came as soon as they heard Allison screaming at me. Allison told Amanda's mom that I pushed her off the trampoline while she was jumping. Amanda's mother couldn't believe what she heard and then she called my mom to pick me up cause she dislikes children that hurt other people's children for no reason. My mother was so disappointed in me. She didn't say it but I could see it in her eyes. The next day at school Amanda told me that she didn't wanted to be friends with me anymore.