Foreign

He's here. 

I look into his dark gray, almost black, eyes. My heartbeat quickened and my face flushed. He looked up at me, his hair sticking to his forehead due to the rain. I smile and with a shaky hand push it away from his eyes, tears stinging mine. 

He looks up at me intently, not giving me a chance to look away, and I found myself getting lost in his intense gaze. He reaches up and touches my wet hair, then my cheek, his hand radiating warmth. I could tell he was thinking of something to say, he kept opening and closing his mouth, at a loss for words.

I felt like I had so much to tell him, and at the same time, my mind was blank. All I could think about was now. The way his eyes bounced through mine, and his dark shirt clung onto his body. Goosebumps appeared on his arms as a breeze went by, but all he did was look at me, his thumb now caressing my cheek. 

 My heartbeat was about to burst out of my chest, it was all I could hear. I don't know if it was the fact that I hadn't seen him in so long, the rain surrounding us, or the way his hand felt on me, but courage filled my entire being and I found myself inching closer.

As our lips were a hair's length away, I could feel his breath tickling my lips, urging me to close the distance, but I wanted him to do it. Selfishly hoping that now that I was finally ready, he would be as well.