ShikaIno Oneshot

Ino Yamanaka walked proudly through the streets of Konoha, her hips swaying slightly and her arms swinging gracefully at her side, but something was not right, Ino did all the usual things she did, yes but where was that smile that lit up everyone's day? That merry twinkle she had in her eyes when she laughed? That aura of happiness that cloaked her?         

        Gone.

 Ino was no longer the girl she used to be, all because of one person. She walked into the local coffee shop in the Leaf Village, it was quiet since most people were still in bed. Ino was used to waking up early, much like....him. Sipping her coffe slowly she looked around the usually buzzing room and spotted someone she did not excpect, that usual sagging posture, that familiar look of laziness in his eyes, Shikamaru Nara.

 She didn't know what to do, she stopped staring and quickly grabbed her cloak to put it on, but that slight movement had caused Shikamaru's attention to be drawn to Ino. He looked at her in surprise but quickly started to run after her as she tried to leave, putting his newspaper down.

 Ino knew he had seen her, she wondered if he had the same feeling of loneliness that she had been expiriencing for quite some time now, shaking  her head no she picked up the pace. "OI, Ino!" His voice called out, not in the lazy drawl it usually was though, it was somewhat pleading. Her heart skipped a beat at the sound that she had loved so much, but she kept on walking.

 Suddenly a familiar feeling of chills and inability to move took her over, "Sh-Shikamaru let me go." Saying his name was such an amazing sensation to her. Her breath shook.

 "Shika, please, just...why?" Ino asked with her eyes closed tight. "Would you have stopped otherwise?" Shikamaru asked with a sigh, he was still concentrating on his shadow possesion jutsu firmly.

   "But..." She trailed off, Shikamaru took a step toward her, she had no choice but to copy his exact movements, her back was still to him as she stepped backwards. "Ino, I can't do this, I need  to see you every morning" He took another step, she did the same, "I need you to hold my hand and smile that amazing smile of yours" He was 2 feet  away now. "Shika......You know the type of life I live...the missions I do, I seduce them Shika, I am violated by others just to get intel, why do you want me?" Ino asked desperately. He took another step, Ino resisted but eventually had to move. She shivered at the close proximity.

 He undid the Jutsu and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face into her neck from behind. Ino could feel him relax, his muscles loosened, she had known him for so long she could read him like a book, he seemed to be relieved. "You don't know how long I have wanted this again" He mumbled, his eyes closed. She sighed.."Shika you can't-" She was cut off by a sudden motion, she was quickly turned around by Shikamaru, his forehead now touching hers. "I can and I will, I love you Ino, I won't let stupid missions get in the way of that" He said softly as he closed the distance between them and kissed her. She did not respond at first but finally gave in, putting her arms around his neck and kissing him back.

 They parted and Ino buried her face into her chest, "You know, your shadows have taken over my mind Shika" she whispered smiling while he held her closer, "They were dancing, telling me that I would love you again..." He smiled into her hair and breathed in that scent that he had been craving for a long time now.....