Chapter one

Being an adult sure comes with a lot of responsibility as I come to understand it now more than ever. I can't believe that I just moved into my very own apartment and with a whole lot of bills to settle.

I flopped unto the couch and grabbed the newspaper on the table to begin my job hunting. So far I've been so unlucky to get a job with a good pay.
Just when I was about check on one of the advert, my phone rang. I saw that it was my loving clingy mother.

"Hello mom, I told you not to worry about me." I said and went to the fridge. "I swear I'm doing just fine"

oh yeah? Fine? Lol..you've gotta be kidding, I'm far from fine. But I can't tell her.

"Carmen dear, I know but I can't help but worry about you" she said with worry in her voice as I settle down on the couch with my coke.

"Mom, I understand and I........"

"......can take good care of myself" she sighed heavily. "hmmmm....yeah, i know. so, when are you coming to visit?"

"Mom?" I said half smiling.

"Yes sweetie, what?" She asked innocently.

"Mom, I know you miss me and I miss you too...but its only been two days since I moved out of the house!" I said not surprised at her clingy attitude.

That's one of the reasons I decided to move out. My mom still sees me as a baby girl who needs to be tended to every freaking second.

"So what honey? I wanna see you or unless you want me to......"

"Uhmm....no mom, you don't have to" I said quickly. "I'll come visit as soon as I have some free time, ok?"

"But I don't know where you...."

"Mom, listen...." I began.

"But Carmen dear...."

"Bye mom, I love yoouuu" I gave her a quick kiss over the phone and ended the call before she could say anything further. I sighed as I took a sip from my coke.

I need to find a job as soon as I can before my mom make me feel unfit for adulthood!

Just then I decided to take a long hot shower.

Few hours later I changed into pink shorts and a white sweater, the weather is a bit chilly this evening.

I thought of making dinner but decided against it as I was beyond exhausted after the move. No, I think unpacking my things and rearranging them is more exhausting.

And so I decided to order in Italian food. Oh God! I live for food! I love food!

While I waited for my food I went to the living room to switch off the TV when I noticed the paper on the table. I grabbed it like my life depended on it.

I can't believe I forgot about my job hunt. Just as I flipped through a few pages something caught my attention.

Its an ad about modelling from a well known cosmetic company. There's also a fashion company seeking a model too.

Wow...amazing! I bet they pay well! Yes, of course they would.

I thought excitedly.

I could try it right? Both actually! Yeah, I could!

Anyway, during my university days I've been teased several times about how beautiful and bright my eyes look! Not forgetting my perfect hour glass shape. I was the envy of so many girls then.

Just then the doorbell sounded and I went to get my food. About time, yeah?

After eating I washed the dishes and went to bed early, because tomorrow is going to be a long day.
The moment I lay on the bed......I fell fast asleep.

Well, well my lovelies, hope you liked the first chapter. More to come...
Enjoy.
Any form of suggestions and correction is welcome.

Remember...#loveconquersall