Raven

Um... hello there.

I’m writing this down because I’m not sure if I will live long enough to tell someone my story. Well, I’m a little late on writing this...diary thing, but I guess I’ll start from the beginning.

So when I was a little girl we lived beside the bay, right next to the bridge. All the houses over on the part of city were size of garages. My family had a four room house, we were lucky.

I guess the downside was that it was a bad neighborhood. To get to the houses you had to go through alleyways. Not the best place for kids. And there were a lot of kids

So this is where the action starts.

It was on bring your daughter to work day so my mom brought me. Now remember these were hard times. Gotham was at it’s worst. So we were walking down the alleyway usually do because that’s the safest one.

I was holding my moms hand because I was only seven. You know that feeling when you know somethings going to happen but you don’t know what. Yeah, that what I felt and my mom felt it too. She kept looking over her shoulder.

Then a man about thirty jumps out of the shadows pointing his gun at us.

“I-I want money fast, or I’ll shoot.” the man said

“Sweetie,” my mother said in a calming tone “run home to daddy and tell him I’ll be right there, okay?”

I shake my head. The man was bad, I knew that much.

“Sweetie, go!” she yelled

“No!” I yelled back

“Alice, go now!”

I heard a click. It was coming from the gun. “ Do’ ya  have money or not?”

“Sir,” my mother said calmingly taking out her wallet “We’re as broke as you. I barely have money to feed my own family. I can give you what I have but it’s not much.”

“I want sixty.” he growled

“Sir, I don’t have that.”

Then, like thunder, the man shot his gun at at my mother. I screamed and the man grabbed the wallet and ran.

“Alice, Alice. Down here,” a voice said “Don’t look at me but listen.” The voice belonged to my mother.

“Why are you crying, Alice.”

“Cause you’re gonna die.” I answered

“You know what, you’re so so brave still standing there listening to me even though I’m like this.”

“I couldn’t do that, I could never do that,” the voice said. “Now, I want to tell you something. No matter what happens don’t forget me. This happening is just part of who are. Don’t forget who you are, okay?”

“Okay.” my voice shaking from sobs.

My mom took my hand as I stared forward. I thought why no one had come to see why there was gunfire but gunfire is normal in Gotham.

I felt the pulse in my mom’s hand get slower until I could feel it anymore. Thousands of tears fell from my eyes like a waterfall. But I kept standing there.

I would wait until someone came to look for us.

*Tell me how like it* I want feed back!!

Gotham belongs to DC Comics the rest is mine