The Princess is Born

My mom prayed for 8 years for a little girl. In all honesty, she'd been praying for one her whole life. As a child she always had baby dolls and Barbie's, playing dress up with them and making them into princesses. As she grew older, she left the dolls behind but held onto her dream of having a princess herself.

When my parents married, they started trying for a daughter right away. On their honeymoon my mom got pregnant, and tried to act happy when the doctor announced she was having twin boys. My dad was over the moon, he saw little league football, teaching his sons to fish, and working on project cars together. All my mom saw was her dreams of a princess washing away. Don't get me wrong, she loves my brothers. Jason and Jackson were her whole world, but they didn't want to be little princes. 

Three years later she saw those same two lines pop up, and she prayed harder than she ever had before. She tried all the wives tales to have a girl. But when they pulled the strings on the surprise box, only blue balloons fell out. A few months later, my brother George was born. My mom was determined though. She would have her princess.

A little over a month after George was born, my mom announced she was pregnant again. This time everyone prayed for a girl. Mainly because Christmas was starting to get expensive with all these kids, and they never thought my mom would give up. My moms heart broke when the doctor announced it was another boy.

After Sam was born, my mother did give up. She had her loving husband and their four perfect boys. She decided that she didn't need the pink nursery and bows anymore; at least that's what she told herself. My dad and her stopped trying for a baby, but deep down she still longed to be blessed with a daughter. A few years went by, she became the champion of soccer moms. She made shirts for every little league game, was always on top of snack duty, and fully embraced the boy mom lifestyle. Until she threw up that is. She knew instantly what was wrong with her, and she rushed to the doctor to confirm it. When she told my dad, they both cried. Having five children was a lot to deal with, especially with everything they already had going on, but that split second when the doctor announced that there was in fact no penis and my mom was going to have a little girl, all of her anxieties went away. She knew she would do anything to make me happy. The happiest day of my mom's life was when they announced that Miss Emily Noelle Duncan was born at 8:36 am, 5 lbs. 4 oz., 18 inches long. A happy, heathy, beautiful baby girl to complete their family. Any baby picture you see of me, I have the cutest outfit with a matching bow or headband. I've been winning pageants longer than I've been able to speak. I was given everything I could ever want or needed. The nicest clothes, the newest accessories, nothing but the best for me. I became the so called Queen Bee of my school. And I loved every second of it, and my mom watched with pride while I became the prized possession of our small school. I reached the top of the social mountain and stood tall. I had the most sought after boyfriend, was captain of the cheerleading team, and everyone worshipped me, just like a princess should be. 

-------------------

Author's Note: Thank you so much for reading! This is my first story on Wattpad and I do hope you'll join me on this journey. I can't wait to tell Emily's story. I'm working on an update schedule, and I'll post it once I have one. Please leave a like or a comment if you're liking it so far!

Much love to you all,

Blair