Day 1, Part 1-4

The Jeep engine fades as I pull up to the villa. My heart is fighting to stay inside my chest, but I'm so anxious I can feel it's pulse everywhere as a plethora of thoughts spiral in my brain.

"Pull yourself together." the voice insides my head orders. I may not like it, but I should follow the advice. First impressions are key of course, and who in their right mind would be charmed by stuttering and sweaty palms?

I steady my breath, put on my brave face and blink in the bright sunlight as I step out of the car. No going back now, what awaits me is a summer that will forever be engraved in the story of my life as the best but hardest experience I will ever endure. But I will face it nonetheless ; I would do anything for love.

The modern building in front of me is somehow different than I had imagined it to be, and it only adds to my anxiousness. The stone wall that covers the front of the Villa only highlights the fact that after I step over the threshold, I will be sheltered from my normal life and enter a whole new world with people I don't know, and the promise of romance hiding in its' walls.

I don't have time to admire the imposing structure in front of me, because another Jeep pulls up to the Villa. My breath hitches in anticipation : who will step out of the Jeep and into my life? Will I like them? Is this my first competition or a chance at a genuine friendship? Some questions are answered as I spot a pair of expensive heels hitting the ground the moment the Jeep stops. Whoever this may be is more prepared for this than I am.

A gorgeous dark woman with legs for days and an intricately put together outfit enters my line of vision. My heart plummets into my stomach, but before I can satisfy my obsessive thoughts, she speaks.

"Oh wow, hi!" even her voice is beautiful. She gives me a smile which leaves no trace of disingenuousness. I mentally release the breath I've been holding, happy to know that this Amazon of a female is actually nice.

"I'm Hope, what's your name hun?" she speaks with a thick accent which can only come from London. My hectic thoughts finally settle and I try to answer without letting on that I am slightly intimidated.

"I'm Lila." I reply, without a tremble in my voice.  "It's so nice to meet you!" " I can't believe we're finally here! How are you feeling?" I smile, letting her now the feeling is mutual.

"I'm actually a bit nervous." No need in lying, honesty is the best policy of course. "Babe, stock with me and you'll be fine." And so, my first friendship has been solidified.

"I was so excited I almost tripped jumping out of the car. Can you imagine if I started my summer of love flat on my face?" I chuckle, honestly it would've made for great television but I'm glad no harm was inflicted on my new mate.

"That's because you're drop dead gorgeous!" I reply. Her features soften as she thanks me for the compliment. "You're stunning too. These boys are definitely in trouble." My cheeks slightly redden due to the comment. I am used to people calling me "hot" or "sexy" but whenever a girl says something about your looks and you know she means it, it makes all the difference.

" I can't wait to get a look at all the gorgeous guys we're going to be hooking up with." I nod in agreement, if Hope's looks are anything to go by, the guys are sure to give my heart a DJ contract for how fast it's going to beat.

"Speaking of which, shall we go and have a look inside? I wanna check out the bedroom..." With these words me and Hope enter the front door and the first day of an amazing summer.

"Look at this bedroom!" Hope exclaims in awe. I have to agree with her, the 6 beds are all shoved against the wall, decorated with light blue and yellow and include built in storage units for our belongings. The rest of the room is painted white with an aquamarine carpet, creating a pathway which connects the bedroom to the rest of the Villa.