Part 1: The Mistake

It was the same Paris afternoon Adrien had been seeing for about 2 months now. The birds had almost completely deserted the area. All of the people were either hiding or already a sticker on Desperada's case.

This time, he and Ladybug were dashing away from the Eiffel Tower. Adrien figured they could only run for so far. Desperada was firing on them from behind. They were running straight. They were easy targets. But it was no use trying anything else. Adrien had already failed by running in circles, using cover, and even serpentine.

If he had been running around as Chat Noir, he would have made a joke about that fact. Then again, that wouldn't make sense since he'd no longer be wearing the snake miraculous. Adrien began to think for a second. What if Ladybug just knew that he was Aspik and Chat Noir.

No that's stupid, Adrien thought to himself. I can't tell her. It'd endanger us both. Ladybug would be pissed.
Adrien kept running. He and Ladybug dodged Desperada's shots left and right. Then he realized something.
I've tried so many times. And I've failed every single time. Why don't I try? I'll fail again most likely. At the very least, I'll get to see how she reacts to me being Chat Noir.
He turned to Ladybug and gathered his courage.
"You know Ladybug?" He said.
She turned to him. "Huh?"
"I'm actually also Chat Noir..." he said. Ladybug's face shifted from shock to anger, possibly disgust. Adrien continued.
"...And I've been in love with you since our eyes first-"
Ladybug had tackled him, throwing them both out of the way of Desperada's fire. They rolled underneath a nearby car.

He and Ladybug both laid flat against the pavement. Adrien sat up and tried to move. Ladybug rolled over onto her stomach.
"Ladybug I-"
Ladybug clamped a hand over his mouth. Adrien could see now how angry she looked. Her face was almost as red as her costume. Her teeth were gritting.
"Adrien. If you're joking, now is not the time," she whisper shouted.
"My Lady I'm sorry. Just let me..." he trailed off. He was just about to turn back the clock again. But Ladybug grabbed his wrist. She was pretty strong.
"That's why you did this? Because you thought you could just get out of this with no consequences?" Her voice was raising in pitch. She looked on the verge of tears.
"Please Ladybug I'm almost out of time," Adrien said. He looked at bracelet. The snake head was inching closer and closer by the second. He wouldn't be able to go back again if he let it run out.
"To think I-I can't believe you you stupid-"

The car above them careened over. Desperada had found them.
"You thought you could hide, Ladybug?" She held a French horn in the shape of a grenade launcher. She grinned and leaned it over her shoulder.
Ladybug stumbled to her feet.
"I've had enough of you," she growled. She pulled out her yo-yo.
"Do it," she said. "Turn back time. Do it different."
Her head turned slightly towards him. Adrien could see the sadness in her eyes.
"And don't you dare do that again."

Adrien twisted the bracelet.
"Second chance."
The bracelet beeped. Desperada and Ladybug were still there. He was still outside in the same Paris afternoon.
Adrien's felt like his heart was crawling into his throat. Ladybug's eyes widened in fear.
"Lucky charm!" Ladybug yelled. A red and black grenade fell into her hand. She pulled the pin.
"Cover your ears!" She chucked the grenade at Desperada.
Boom!

Desperada's grenade launcher French horn had disappeared. She kneeled on the ground. Her hands were cupped over her ears. She grunted in pain. Adrien saw her reach to her case and pull out another weapon. Ladybug didn't move.
If I can't go back to save her, I can at least help her how I normally do, he realized.
Adrien ran as fast as he could and pushed Ladybug out of the way. Desperada's shot hit him right in the back and the world around him went dark.