Prologue

When the Kings son was born, they feared his sons welfare. They feared that if no action was taken to ensure success that he would fail. This became a tradition.

 Out side the city of Elmswood, a witch lived alone in a small cottage. Known for her spells and remedies the family sought her out in secret one cold winter night. They paid her with gold, rare herbs, and information.

 The girl would be born a strong leader, a good woman fit to help rule. She would be beautiful and have an open mind to all things.

 They could recognize her from her eyes, that changed with her emotions, and hair that changed with the seasons. A rare and strange beauty. 

 But she would also be as any other human being, free to choose. If she did not accept her fate, their son would perish.

 The deal was sealed as they slipped the baby the witches magic potion, bonding him to the new child somewhere in the city.

 His other half.

 As the young prince grew, so did his chosen. Her parents named her Arianna, Ari for short.

 She changed with the seasons, growing more and more beautiful every day.

 The king and Queen watched in eager anticipation, until the day she would be ready to meet their son.