Murder

She stared at the stain glass window of her new house.Charlie , her adoptive mum wanted her to go to a psychotherapist .'Lia , its time to go to the clinic ,' calls Charlie from downstairs .Lia grumbles as she grabbed her hoodie making sure to cover her arms from the scars .'Amelia , I want you to think of a time before they passed away ,' Ms.Grollen or "Catherine " (as she said ) ask as I look up into the ceiling . I think hard for a second when a sudden  flashback occurs .

                           *Flashback : 3 year old Lia *

Maria , her mother was smiling at the three year old Lia.'What a gem you'll be when you grow up dear ,' she said to the young girl .'Mama , why do people fight and kill ,' asked curious little Lia .Maria was right stumped for a second till she said ,'Poca belleza , they fight for love and kill out of anger and find happiness

in solitude ,' Maria answers whispering the last bit into her ear making her giggle .'Happy birthday , sweetheart ,' said Marco her father , coming out to the garden .'Thank you , Papa '.

Suddenlly she was thrown into another flashback .The night her parents died .

Little Lia heard rattling coming from the kitchen at the dead of night .She paid no thought to it , thinking it was her parents or the wind .She froze under the duvet  as quiet  footsteps were amplified by the old stair steps.'Mama ,' she whispered just as the footsteps stopped .Outside her bedroom . She could  see the looming shadow through the glass panels .Lia knew that it wasn't her parents because they always warned her not to wear shoes upstairs .She could hear the intruder breathing .Lia started to relax after the shadow disappeared .She quickly got out of bed opening the door of her bedroom .She could hear shuffling coming  from her parents room .'Mama ,' she called out opening the door of the bedroom .Blood , all over the room .

 'Lia , run and don't look back ,' her mother cried as Lia looked at the hooded intruder .He slowly turned around looking Lia dead in the eye .He was wearing a clown mask and had a frightening smile .'Come to watch the show , sweetie ,' he said , his voice like nails on a chalk board .He raised a giant axe that Lia hadn't noticed was in his hand .

She screamed as the axe came down on her mother , glinting evilly . Lia froze , she felt numb and she could hear someone screaming when she realized that it was her .'Why are you doing this ,' she whispered a lone tear falling down her face .'They disserved it , they kept you from me ''.' They were keeping me safe ,' Lia raised her voice as she felt the anger start bubbling inside her .'I am your brother , I had every right to see ,' the man said pulling of his mask .Lia was shocked .Her parents never mention a brother and she had an idea that he wasn't actually her brother .Lia backed into her parents dresser , remembering that her father always kept a gun in the top drawer .'Thank you papa ,' she thought pulling the gun behind her back .'Your coming home , ... with me and we can travel the world ,' the intruder said smiling .

'NO ..... you won't be going anywhere because you'll be in jail ,' Lia says confidently .Mr.Maniac was looking at her amused .'And why would that be , little girl ,' he asks taking a step towards her .'Because -,' she cuts off pulling the trigger of the gun .

The police had come after that , coming in less than 5 minutes .John , her fathers friend looked at the hollow girl .He couldn't think of what to say .Meanwhile Lia couldn't get the ringing to stop .She was later diagnosed with trauma and depression .

                                      *End of Flashback *

John had taken custody of Amelia and she had lived her life better now .She never forgot the quote her mum had told her that very day before she died .'Life is short and you shouldn't waste it it blaming yourself for not being better ''.She got better at surviving each day like it was her last and got married at the age of 25 .She  became a world icon as a doctor helping in Africa and philanthropist .As her children were growing up she cared for each one , adopting children with abusive parents and such . She had 10 children of her own and 5 adopted ones but a big happy family they always were .John and Charlie had stepped in as her parents and stayed that way .All in all little Lia wasn't so little so little any more , she became a women fighting for equality and saving lives every day .