Prologue

It was a peaceful day in the City of Light.

The skies of Radiant Garden were colored with the pale purple before a sunset. In a flowery field by a fountain, two little girls with bright red hair, were picking flowers, while a elderly woman fondly watched them nearby.

One of the girl's smiled as she found another pink flower and carefully plucked it from the ground, her twin sister, who was making a flower crown, sat beside her. "Look at this one, Aki!" She said showing her sister.

The youngest of the two smiled back and continued working on her crown.  She stopped when she caught sight of a small, yellow flower in full blossom as all the other flowers in the gardens. She got up and plucked the yellow flower and showed it to her sister. "Look Kai!" The younger girl exclaimed with excitement as she examined the dandelion with wonder in her indigo eyes. "A dandelion!"

She handed the flower over to her sister, who accepted it happily. "Ooooo~! So pretty!" She cooed. The older twin suddenly placed it in her sister's ponytail. The two of them laughed.

"Okay, girls, it's time to go." The woman called, as she began to walk over.

Both twins puffed out their cheeks in a pout. "Awww, already? Can we just stay a few more minutes?"

"Girls..."

"Please!" Both girls begged.

Their grandmother sighed and smiled lovingly. She couldn't say no to those little faces. "Very well then."

"The oldest of the twins smiled up at their grandmother. "Hey grandma? Can you tell us a story?"

"Yes! Yes! Please tell us a story! Can you tell us an action one?" The the other girl begged.

"Or, maybe something romantic?" Her sister suggested, making the younger girl make a gagging noise. "Ew, gross!"

Their grandmother laughed softly and tapped her chin. "Hmm. How about I tell you a story I used to tell to your mother? It was her favorite when she was both your age."

"Really? Tell us grandma."

"Yes! Please tell us grandma!"

The woman's eyes crinkled as she smiled once more at her granddaughters. "Alright then."

She began to recount a story so ancient it become a fairytale.

"Long ago, the world lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. Thus darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived, in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now..."

Before you discover the end, a new journey begins.