Rambling

There's a lot of people I used to consider friends that I don't talk to anymore. Sometimes it was a gradual falling out and we slowly stopped texting until one day we just never talked again or sometimes one of us would just ghost and that was that. I look back on those friendships and feel like it was another lifetime. Those people are strangers now. I've thought about texting them and trying to reconnect but I don't even know what to say or how it would go. It's hard for me to come to terms with the fact that this is just part of growing up. People change and grow apart and life moves on. I'm a completely different person than I was when I knew these people and I'm sure they are too. I think that if I tried to rekindle something it would be awkward because we'd basically be meeting all over again even though I used to be able to tell them everything. I have 1 person in my life that I've been able to talk to again after about a year of not talking and it was like we picked up right where we left off but I know that's rare and I don't really expect that from most people. I really cherish the bond I have with that person and I hope that at any point if we drift apart we can just always pick up where we left off. In all the time I've known him it's felt like we've grown and the same rate and even though our lives were in different stages we were still on the same level, kinda fighting the same battles just different demons. I just felt like I had to get that all out of my mind and off my chest so if you read this thanks for ?listening?