"savior" one act play

i needed to wright a one act play for school so i desied to put it up on here

************************************************************

(The play begins with the lights off. You can smell alcohol. All of the sudden you hear a girl scream in agony. The lights slowly brighten as the girl continues to cry for help. You see a drunken man beating the girl. She’s lying in pain toppled over. You can see the cuts and bruises the man left on her helpless small body. The living room they’re in is trashed, the couch and chairs were flipped over and the TV was smashed. The obvious sign the girl tried to run.)

Girl: “David, please stop.”

David: “Why should I? You ungrateful ---, your mother bought you those new clothes and you say you don’t like them.”

Girl: “I’m sorry they are not my style. I don’t wear pink or skirts like that. I only wear black and band t-shirts.”

(David hits her again, she shirks in horrific pain.)

David: “You’re such a freak! You’re a fag! You’re so worthless. No one would miss you if you killed yourself. No one would care. Your own mother wouldn’t even miss you. I’m your step dad and I wish you were dead. You have no siblings, you have absolutely no friends, no one would give a ---.”

(He lets go of the girl and she runs to her room and the tears finally come. You see her dash to her phone and then to a little black box in the shape of a coffin. You see her pull out her phone and scroll through her contacts and land on a name “Lucas.” She sends a text saying, “he did it again”, and she receives a text, “Abby I’m coming to get you we have to go to my friends though. But you will love them!” She puts the coffin box and the phone in her pocket. Before she jumped out of her window, she looked around her black walled room that was covered in Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria posters. She runs to her closest and packs a coffin shaped suitcase. She carefully takes down her posters. She puts them, her makeup and all her CDs in her bag with the clothes. She tosses her bag out the window then she crawls out. She took out the little box as she waited for Lucas; she opened it and rolled up her Black Veil Brides sweat jacket. She took a shiny new razor sharp blade out of the box. She gives it a faint smile. She dragged it across her skin 4 times. The blood trickled down her arm and she sighs in relief, and stops crying. She looks up and sees headlights; she put the blade back and wiped off her arm and a rap around it. She pulled down her sleeve as the hurse passenger door open.)

Lucas: “Get in now before he comes. Did you pack your stuff? You’re not going back this time. This is the sixth time this week he did this; I’m not letting you go back ever again.”

(She crawls in the car and he hugs her tightly. She cries in his arms. They pull apart he turns up the radio. Black Veil Brides “Savior” begins to play. )

Abby: (singing) “So hear my voice remind you not to bleed I'm here...”

Lucas: I hate how the only time I hear you voice is when you sing.

(Abby smiles at him and writes sorry on a small white board she had. He frowns at that, but his eyes light up once again once he sees the bus.)