Les Étoiles et La Lune

It was salty. She can taste it in the air, yet she endured the waves of Anilao. She stumbled as she kept on walking on the shore, wanting to see the only thing she could hold on to so close as if the distance between them were so short.

She reached out her left hand to the sky, trying to grasp every star. The other, kept her long brown hair on the side as the wind blows it.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you." she turned my way and smiled. I was taken aback.

Did she see me?

"Since when did you came?" she asked as she started to walk towards me.

I opened my mouth to answer. I guess I was already caught. But when I was about to speak, I heard voices behind me that made me turn that way.

Her companion, I assumed, answered, "I don't know...Maybe a few minutes before your dramatic reach-for-the-stars-with-matching-Coldplay." she laughed because of that.

So that means she didn't see me?

"Hey, we should head to our cottage to unpack stuff." her other friend said.

She took one last look at the stars before obliging.

I smiled at her gesture and stared at her as she leaves. I really like her dress. It is white and silky. It is just like what I'm wearing, except mine is more like an oversized buttoned-up shirt.

So, we headed to our cottage to unpack our things. I never really thought of being here with her, especially with her. We were never really acquainted with each other. She was so elusive to me before.

Many times, I called for her and looked for her, but she was nowhere to be found. She never answered to any of my thousands and thousands of calls. But out of nowhere, when everything seems to be alright, everything is at its rightful place, when I do not bother waiting for her presence anymore, she came, unexpectedly, inevitably.

"So, how was everything going?" she asked me with her sweetest smile while placing her things on her side of the room.

"It's fine, I guess." I answered with a sly smile.

"All will be alright in time." she said with assurance and tapped my shoulder.

"I hope so." I answered.

We continued unpacking and arranging our things. I never knew my things were this few. I used to bring many things with me whenever I go out, but maybe this time, it's different.

"Hey, I'm heading out to the city run some errands. Would you like something in particular?" she asked after we unpack our things.

"Uhm. Nothing." I answered.

"Okay. Just stay here for a while. I'll be quick. We'll proceed to our real agenda when I get back." she said with a smile.

She was about to got out of our cottage when I stopped her. "On second thought, can you bring me some iced coffee? I think I need some shot of caffeine." I said in a shy tone. I was thinking, maybe for the last time I can taste the bittersweet coldness of iced coffee in my mouth.

"Oh, I'm sorry but I can't. I can't bring back what's already gone." she commented with a sad smile. I just nodded. Then, she left. At first, I couldn't quite understand what she meant, but after some realizations, I figured out what she meant.

Not knowing what to do, I just went at the shore and sat at the fine sand and played with it. I guess boredom urged me to write something.

So, I did.