Introduction

Summer romances are the most special kind. They are like a spring of hope, a flash of pure joy. They keep you smiling for two months straight, and dreading for school to start. But, like all good things, they must come to an end. And life must go on.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

She ran into her room, slamming the door shut. For a moment, everythng was frozen. Then, crumbling to the ground, she fell apart. All of her feelings began pouring out in the form of tears. It was almost as if her heart was trying to escape through her eyes. She never knew it could hurt so much. She never expected to feel completely and utterly broken.

Everything had been perfect. Life had been perfect. Everyday, she had woken up with a smile on her face. She would run outside onto the beach. She would see him, and her eyes would light up. She would hug him, and feel complete and whole and safe. She would kiss him, and her heart would beat to the wings of a hummingbird, and the world would disappear around her.

But now, all that was over. How could life be so cruel? How could someone be so horrible?

She sat there and cried. She heaved and gasped and shook. She sobbed and sobbed until there shoudn't have been any tears left to be shed. And still, she sat on the ground, hugging her knees, silent endless tears streaking down her face, as the bright summer sun dipped below the ocean and the clear moon rose.

People had told her over and over again. "He's a player. He always was and he always will be. Don't trust him." In the beginning, she had believed them. She'd tried to shy away from him. But the draw between the two was obvious. And eventually she gave in. And she had never been happier.

But in one second, everything can change. In one glance, your whole world can be gone.

She tried not to think about him, as it hurt so much. She needed comfort, but the only one she wanted was the cause of her suffering.

The last thing she thought before she finally cried herself to sleep was, How can someone shatter your heart, but you can still love them with all the little pieces?

~Author's Note~

Hi! This is my first story, so I'd really appreciate some feedback. Sorry this chapter was so short, but it was only the introduction! The next one will be longer, I promise