The Heirs

DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summery: After a chance encounter in LA, two teens from different social backgrounds reunite at an exclusive high school attended by Korea's super rich.

My Thoughts about the plot: Since The Heirs was my first kdrama it will always have a special place in my heart. This drama was the typical rich guy poor girl drama. Oh and of course there are 2 love triangles. One with Tan, Eun Sang and Young Do. The other with Tan, Eun sang and Rachel. I love this show but there were some scenes that irritated me. Like the scenes where Tan starring at Eun Sang from a distance or when shes sleeping. Or both of them starring at each other with out saying anything. Like at first it was cute, but then it got annoying. But I'm gonna be honest, this drama made me a Park Shinhye fan and a Lee Minho fan.

My thoughts on the characters:

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Kim Tan: This character was played by Lee Minho. I like Tan because he was determined to be with Eun sang even if he looses his inheritance. He is an illegitimate child and its highly unlikely for him to even have an inheritance.But Tan is willing to risk it all for Eun Sang.

Cha Eun Sang: This character is played by Park Shinhye. I have mixed feelings about her. Like at times I really like Eun sang because she also wants to be with Tan and will sacrifice everything  and other times I dont because she gives up on everything she has with Tan easily because of his father. In my opinion I think she is a really cut and dry character. But her crying scenes were pretty good.

Cho Young Do: This character is played by Kim Woobin. I'm gonna be honest, at first I really did not like him because he was a bully. But as I continued to watch the drama I really fell in love with this character. And I also felt bad for him. The scene at the store with his mother made me cry. You can really tell that Young Do did not have a good upbringing. His father was so mean to him and his mother left him. Hence how he became a bully. You really feel for Young Do by the end of the series.

SIDE CHARACTERS:

Kim Nam Yoon: This character is played by Jung Dong Hwan. He is the head of his family and is Tan and Wons father. I HATE this character. The way he tries to split Tan and Eun Sang up is just rude. What is it with rich parents in kdramas that are against their children actually marrying for love??. The only reason he put Eun Sang in that rich people school so that people can tell them that Tan and Eun Sang shouldn't be together. Like WTH. He is constantly telling Tan that he needs to marry Rachel so that he can have an "insurance" to his inheritance. Nam Yoon is not only trying to ruin Tans life by splitting him and Eun Sang up, but he is also ruining this older son life, Won, by doing the exact same thing. This guy needs to seriously back off.

Han Ki Ae: This character is played by Kim Sung Ryung. She is Tans mother. I love this character. She is always with Tan and supporting him. But that one scene where she caught Tan and Eun Sang in his room, thats when I saw her getting really mad. Ki Ae even kicked Eun Sang out of the house. Eventually she forgave Eun Sang and invited her back into the house. Ki Ae become a pillar of support for son and he did the same for her. 

Kim Won: This character is played by Choi Jin Hyuk. I didnt like this character in the beginning because he is the one who sent Tan the America in the first place because he fears that Tan will get in his way for succeeding the family business one day. He was so obsessed with the thought of taking over the family business that he lost everything. In the end you really feel for him when you see him sitting on his chair in the office and started crying. That's when he realized he lost everything.

Park Hee Nam: This character is played by Kim Mi Kyung. I really liked this character. especially since she portrayed a mute character. Mi Kyung played this character so well. She, much like Tan and his mothers relationship, also became a pillar of support for Eun Sang in the drama. Especially when the situation got really tough on them and they had to move out. I also love the relationship between her and Tans mother. So funny and cute.

Yoo Rachel: This character is played by Kim Jiwon. At first I hated her because she was so mean to Eun Sang. Then there was that scene where she was crying in front of her mother because her mother broke her engagement with Tan. She said "I dont need your advice. From now on, dont interfere with my life. Dont think about using me as your business either. I'm not a product for sale this season". After that she did everything on her own. I did start to like her. Eventually she did back off from Tan. Rachel even found a guy that she really likes yay!. Not gonna say who though. 

Yoon Chan Young: This character is played by Kang Minhyuk. He is Eun Sangs best friend. I really liked this character. He is the kind of friend that is willing to hear you rant about your life problems. Side note though he has a really cute smile. Chan Young has really good funny comebacks whenever him and Tan are bickering.

Lee Bo Na: This character is played by Krystal Jung. This character really annoyed me in the first few episodes because of how jealous she used to get because of Eun sang and how possessive she was over Chan Young (her boy friend). But she somehow became a source of refuge for Eun Sang for a couple days towards the end of the drama. Thats when I started to like her. By the end of the series she had a sort of a frenemy relationship with Eun Sang. 

Overall I think the drama is good. Definitely a good one to start watching kdramas with. I gave this drama a solid 7.5/10 on MyDramaList.