Monday, April 13th, 1962

BRRRIIIIINGGGGG!   My eyes jolted open. What?  My body was sore, and I felt like I was moving around needles in jelly, like I was in a cloudy dream. 

Just as I was processing the light around me, as an overly energetic, bright woman came into my room.

    "Happy birthday, Darling!" She exclaimed with a big smile. I glanced at her while she folded up a dress. Her blonde hair and blue eyes framed her beautiful face. She was just like everyone else in this little town of Ely, Minnesota. 

I sat up dazed looking around, wondering where I was. The warmth of the sunlight beaming down on my fair skin.

    "Honey, go get ready for school," She said after laying the dress on my bed. 

    "Yes ma'am," I said slowly, not recognizing my own voice for a second.

    I walked into the bathroom with the dress and laid it across the bathtub. I shut the door and looked into the mirror. My skin was as fair as Snow White's. My fluffy jet black hair was twisted in knots. I caught eye of the calendar next to the mirror.

    “Monday April 13th 1962.” I said quietly to myself. 

    “Yes, Sweetie, now get ready,” Her voice was stern and almost cold.

       Her voice was louder and clearer,    indicating that she was right behind me. When she laid her hand on my bare shoulder I almost jumped 2 feet into the air. Her hand was cold, very cold.

    When I shrugged her hand off she simply walked out of the room. 
      Bam! I flinched. She had slammed the door, obviously mad at me. I pulled on my dress. It was a soft, light grey, and plain cloth.
      I started tearing up, my eyes starting to get puffy and red. I sniffled and a tear escaped my eyes. I quickly wiped the tear away. I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder then walked out to the kitchen. 
(I'll. add to it, I just wanted to have the morning part done already ^^)