Spinel × Male!Reader :3

The morning was extremely cold from what your hometown was used to. It was about 7:30 a.m. when you decided to get out of your bed and check your phone. You saw a few messages from your friend, Spinel. She was apparently hanging out in the garden you both had started to plant about a month ago, sending pictures and videos of the growing flowers and plants. You smiled down at your phone and replied to her.
'Morning Spinel! The garden looks good, do you want me to meet you there?'
...'yes.'
The gem was still getting used to human technology, along with calling and texting. You decided to throw on a random tie-dye shirt with baggy sweatpants; then speed downstairs into the kitchen to grab a peice of toast your mother left from her stale, non-eaten breakfast.
----------
Spinel was cupping dirt in her hands when she saw a tiny worm peek out and slither on her shiny, hot pink gloves. She wasn't very familiar with nature, so the gem was obviously mesmerised by the pink and stretchy-like creature that was so similar to her. You had finally made it to the garden on your light blue bicycle, and saw Spinel observing her... hands...? You walked over to the bean, and looked over her pointy shoulder at what she was staring at.
"Oh! Thats a worm. Do you like it?"
Spinel glanced at you, then back down at the worm that was now halfway up her arm.
"It's.. just like me."
Her big, pink, glowy eyes and cute smile slowly grew larger on her face. Spinel placed the worm back in the dirt then looked up at you with an expression. You hadn't realized you were staring at her and quickly darted your eyes elsewhere. There was a long silence, until you saw some new flowers behind a batch of white roses. They were annoyingly out of place, since you and Spinel had stayed up all night planting the flowers in color order.
"(Y/N)!"
You jumped slightly at the sound of your bestie, Spinel, practically yelling your name to get your attention.
"Y-yes Spinel?" You squeaked.
"Why are you.. zoning out?"
Spinel stood up to try and get a better view of what you were looking at. You quickly jumped in front of her and tried to distract her. She gave you a suspicious look but then squinted her eyes and threw her elastic arms around you and looked deep into your soul.
"Are you planning a surprise for me? How sweet! I'll be over here, then."
Spinel teasingly wiggled her fingers at you while bouncing away to the other plants. You watched her walk off in her silly walk-cycle; and you almost felt... different about her in that moment.