Mirror

Alice Hamilton was a 17 year old, teenage girl. She wasn't afraid of the dark or animals or even a ghost. But she feared the mirror in her room.

She always thought something was wrong with it but shook away the thoughts thinking that it was her delusion. She had a brother named Carter, who always thought that the mirror was antique and the only sign of her grandparents existence.

One day Alice was alone at home, sitting on her bed and reading a book. It wasn't a scary night, which you usually see in typical horror movies. The room was brightly lit with her phone on her side.

She was listening to Summer Time sadness by Lana del ray while reading. Her shoes were on the floor and next to it lay a broken toy, which Carter bad dropped by chance.

Suddenly, the door bell rang, which scared her to death. It was midnight and she wasn't expecting anyone.

Walking downstairs, she saw her brother ,Carter opening the door.
Sighing in relief, Alice stood at the staircase, gazing at her brother.

He looked at her, as white as a ghost, his mouth formed an O shape and sweat ran down his parents.

Why was he scared? Alice wondered.

Screaming, Carter ran to his parents room.

"She's here again." He said.

"Carter, she's dead. Your sister died three years ago, she committed suicide in front of the mirror." His mom told him.

Their mother looked at the door and whispered, "Go back into the mirror, sweetie."

The father looked at his wife confused. He was shell shocked to see her talking to herself.

"Maria, they're dead." He said in a soft voice and closed his eyes.

Of course they were, Maria had schizophrenia, she saw her dead children everyday.

First their daughter committed suicide and then the son.

Only

The Mirror Was To be Blamed