Tierney

I can't believe we're here, watching our baby boy graduate.

I can't help but look at JC and think about what brought us here to this very moment all those years ago. I knew we had made the right decision.

I met JC when I was only 17, he was part of one of the hottest boy bands at the height of his career. I was his backup dancer during NSYNC's Pop Odyssey Tour. We hit it off instantly, we were infatuated with each other. And dancing together every night just intensified that infatuation. We gave into the lust we felt for each other and began sleeping together. He was my first. What we had was something special.

Until the day he found out I was only 17. He was 25 then and worried I was too young. He tried to stay away from me after that but we were still together every night, just not sexually. We had become very close friends and we couldn't deny that.

On my 18th birthday, I told JC all I wanted was him, naked in my bed. He gave me exactly what I wanted. Best Birthday ever. I couldn't have been happier.

Then it all crashed down on me. I found out I was pregnant. JC and I had not talked about any kind of future after the tour. We had agreed we were just having fun. Nothing serious. Now I was pregnant. Doesn't get much more serious than that. To my surprise JC wasn't upset. He wanted to be our child's father. We decided to raise our child together as friends.

JC was great during my pregnancy, he truly was my best friend. Then the day our son, Joshua Jameson Mackenzie Chasez, was born everything changed. We knew this perfect child deserves a perfect family.

Over the past 18 years JC and I have definitely gone through several different phases of our relationship. We were doting parents always. We never left our son's side when he was a baby. We did everything as a family. We traveled together for JC's solo career after NSYNC split. I traveled along as JC's photographer, a profession I'd taken up after Jameson was born. I loved photographing bands most. We wanted all of Jameson's childhood memories to be of us all together.

When Jameson was 5 and started school our relationship changed. We went through a sexual phase. We filled our time with sex, really great sex. At another point we went through a open relationship phase, dating other people. That didn't feel right for our family. It wasn't what was best for Jameson. And every decision we made was always only about what was best for him.

JC asked me to marry him when Jameson was 8. I said yes, eventhough I knew we weren't madly, deeply in love like I wanted to be. But there was love and mutual respect for each other. We got engaged but never discussed a wedding date. We actually never spoke about getting married at all after that. We consider ourselves married in every way, just not legally.

So here we are, 18 years later, watching that beautiful baby boy we had graduate.

Jameson grew up happy, healthy, and self confident. He's such a man already. On his own he applied to the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. He wanted to go to school in my home country, where my parents still live. He is going to study Music and Photography.

I hadn't lived in Scotland since I was 15, which is when I left for America to chase a dance career. My father was a true blue hardcore Scotsman. My mother was a oldschool hippy from Texas. She'd met dad when she left home to go to school in Edinburgh. Now my son was doing the same. I was tempted to move back to Scotland myself.

The thought of being so far away from Jameson terrified me. Or was it the thought of being here, alone with JC that scared me? We've never been alone, Jameson was the reason we had gotten together and stayed together. Without him here was there enough to keep us together? Or would we realize it was all a farse and fall apart?

---------------------Author' Note--------------------

This is my first time writing. It's my 2nd attempt at this book. First I did it in 3rd person. Now I'm redoing it from Tierney and Jordan's POVs.
Now I feel like the chapters are too short. I'll get the hang of it. Be patient. And if anyone actually reads my story I'm open to any pointers to make it better.

Thanks for reading!