Chapter 1

"Let go!" Richie yells, it echoing throughout the halls. It was lunch time around now, where everyone ate outside on the picnic tables. Richie had went inside to use the bathroom, and Eddie went to go check where he went, as he was worried about his best friend.

  Henry smirks, his devilish eyes meeting Richie's, full of fear. Patrick tightens his grip on him, making Richie release a small yelp in pain. "I said to-" Richie starts, but soon stops, fear clouding his eyes. Even more fear.

  "RICHIE!" Eddie yells, turning the heads of Henry, Patrick, and Richie. Henry smiles, sliding his pocket knife back into his pocket. "You keep a hold on him, I'll get the little one." Eddie shrieks, sprinting as fast as he could down the hallway.

  But due to Eddie's legs being small and his asthma, that wasn't very fast. The bully soon caught up to him, tightening his arms around his throat. Eddie squirms, kicking his small legs wherever they could kick, but it didn't make much impact since he was so short.

  "Cut it out, Wheezy." He rolls his eyes, pulling him back towards Richie and Patrick. "LET GO OF US!" Richie yells, which only makes them laugh even harder than they were before. Henry switches the blade up on his knife, dragging it closer and closer to Eddie's chest.

  Eddie bites his lip, holding in tears. Richie watches, scared for the life of his best friend. He sticks his knife into Eddie's skin, carving the first line in the letter "H".

  Eddie lets out a loud yell, alerting Y/N, who was one of the more popular girls, as she was walking down the hallway. "Stop!" She yells, quickly running towards Henry and Patrick. "Let them go!" Henry meets eyes with her. "And what do I get?" He smirks, in which Y/N rolls her eyes. "A kiss." She says, annoyed.

  Henry puts away his switch blade, letting go of the two boys. "Come here, sweetcheeks." She smiles, grabbing Richie and Eddie, and running as fast as they could down the halls. "HEY!" Henry yells, followed by feet chasing after them. They kept running, and eventually got far enough away that they could take a break.

  Eddie soon starts to struggle breathing. Y/N grabs Eddie's hand, pulling him into the closet, Richie following behind. Eddie turns a light shade of pink, as he had liked Y/N before this incident. But it meant nothing, right? She was just making sure he was safe. Nothing more. Plus, a girl like this would never like a boy like him. At least not in the like-like way. She was too cool for him.

  They shut the door, unfortunately the lock didn't work. The three kids hid behind the chairs, in the darkness, Eddie pulling out his inhaler and trying to relax himself.