red string of fate

A soulmate..

Thirteenth progenitor, Crowley Eusford watched from the windows as the humans who were sent to kill them but failed miserably, were being put onto stakes outside.

The colors outside were dull, perhaps because he's soulmate-less.
A human was given one soulmate per lifetime. Their world would burst into colors, letting the couple know that they've found their soulmate, someone who was compatible with them in every shape and form.

Humans have soulmates. Not vampires. Vampires, they're soulmates usually died after a hundred years or so.
So most vampires saw in a few shades of bleak colors, but they're hardly noticeable or could hardly be considered colors compared to the humans vision of the color wheel.

Some thought seeing these shades of colors was a way to rub it in. Saying that you've missed your only change at true love, if such a thing existed in this time and age or existed in the first place.

Crowley's red eyes watched in amusement as a few humans struggled against the binds that held them in place while others yelled at the vampires who guarded them. Some humans were killed, others suddenly dropped dead otherwise killing themselves. So many of their men were confirmed dead.

"Lord Crowley?"

The noble snapped out of his trance, finding their struggle intriguing as it was pointless as they've lost. Now they were their livestock. "Humans are strange things, aren't they?" Crowley mused. Glancing over to the two lesser nobles, Chess Belle and Horn Skuld, seventeenth progenitor.

The blond watched as the higher ranked noble turned his attention back to the humans. "Yes. They are, Chess?" Horn agreed while looking to her left, where Chess stood. The smaller noble let out a small 'hmph'. "Why can't we just kill them? I'm hungry."

"Because I'm sure that the human's commander will come and rescue them. Human's have a knack to do reckless things. Even if it's against their orders." Crowley explained while recalling some memories of his past life, letting out a small hum. "Or put them out of their misery from being tortured, giving us their location." Either way it was a win-win situation for the three nobles.

Surely Ferid would like to know everything about this attack, though Chess and Horn seemed to disagree. But it still bothered him that the humans knew exactly where to attack and when.

Crowley's eyes fell on a woman who was struggling, fending off a hooded vampire before reinforcements were called to aid the struggling vampire. It was amusing to watch as they still had courage despite knowing that they have no chance in winning.

"Well since they're here. We should get as much information as we can, giving us the edge before their little rescue operation starts." Crowley informed the two lesser nobles, turning to face the two women.

His eyes meeting theirs. "Chess, Horn?"
The two progenitors perk up at their names being called. "Lord Crowley?" "What is it?" Exchanging responses to prove that they were indeed listening, awaiting orders. "I want you to fetch someone for me.." The two female vampires glance out the window to see the woman, who Crowley was eyeing and was still struggling.

"Yes, my lord."

At the time of the order was given, it didn't take too long for the vampires to toss the human in the room that they were all in. The woman was being rather difficult, struggling even though there was no chance of any of them escaping. Crowley watched as she was thrown onto the carpet with little effort, the woman let out a low groan from the impact.
"Damn.. Vampires." She cursed under her breath, locks of her hair fell over her eyes. Her visible skin was dirtied from her struggle against the vampires outside and she appeared to be out of breath, exhausted. Her attire was torn up, covered in mud as well.

Horn glanced at Crowley who was watching her with great interest, but also seeming troubled. "Is something the matter?" The question seemed to snap him out of his trance, Crowley looked over at Horn and gave her a smile. "Hmm? No."

Crowley couldn't help but notice the colors in the room had changed but it was most likely nothing. Chess walked over to the girl, lifting up her head by her hair. Causing the girl to cry out in pain. The thirteenth progenitor flinched at the sound she was making. Usually he wouldn't be bothered by the sounds that humans made when they were in pain, sometimes even finding amusement in their sorry state. But now, he wanted it to stop.

"Chess." Crowley spoke up, the smaller progenitor looked up at him. "Be careful with her, we need her for information." He smiled pleasantly. "Yeah, yeah." Chess sighed as she let her go allowing the human's head to hang low.

"I won't tell you a damn thing!" Declared the human, who then glanced up at the three vampires to glare at each and every one of them. Her eyes locking with Crowley's first.

Both of their eyes widened as their world bursts into colors and everything around them seemed to lose all meaning but each other. The very first color that Crowley noticed was her (E/C) orbs, then her (H/C) locks and soon enough her bruised (S/C) skin. Despite her rough appearance, she was beautiful.

The girl's lips parted which soon enough Crowley noticed were torn most likely from her resistances with the lowly hooded vampires which made him cringe.

Soon enough Crowley was smiling genuinely at her. "What's your name?" He wondered as the vampire noble approached her which she didn't even seem to notice, Crowley was closing the distances between them but she was in a trance. But snapping out of it after he reached a certain distances.

"It's (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)." Finding her voice as he knelt down in front of her. Letting out a low hum in response, he brushed his gloved fingers along her neck. "I've decided." He grinned before standing up, turning to look at Chess and Horn.

"I'm going to keep you."