Peaceful, Silent Chaos

A lush green forest spans across the land, where the sun filters in dapples through the leaves of towering oaks down onto the thickets of bushes and blossoms at their peak of blooming. Despite the noise with chirping birds, scuttling rabbits, humming cicadas, and yipping foxes—there is peace. A peaceful chaos.

      Suddenly, the peace is wavered by a strange, intense wind. The grass whips back and forth like a rickety boat on unruly ocean waves and the oaks groan as they bend. All is muffled by the deafening wind's whistle. Above the forest, a shadow grows larger, larger, and larger.

       A low rumble shakes the forest as the culprit for the disturbance of the peaceful forest takes landing—shaking the entire ground from its great force. Though the beast is not done as its head raises and lets out a bellowing roar that sends birds fleeing into the air and one last chaos of warning calls before everything goes silent. But there is no peace. A silent chaos.

This entry is an extremely shortened version of the beginning of an old story some may have seen if they were following me around 2014-16, it was called "The Ancient Beasts" and was supposed to be about a defiant and outgoing princess leaving her ...

This entry is an extremely shortened version of the beginning of an old story some may have seen if they were following me around 2014-16, it was called "The Ancient Beasts" and was supposed to be about a defiant and outgoing princess leaving her kingdom to join a man to find many kinds of old legendary creatures such as dragons, griffins, phoenixes, etc. I remember being extremely hyped up about making this story but had no real plot to expand with. Looking back now, the writing and ideas were less than amateur in my opinion.