Smile (UNDER CONSTRUCTION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

☺Chapter One☺

I never understood why he noticed me. Or why he changed my life. He wasn't meant to be the hero of my miserable story because I've always believed my story would never have one. We all question, even to this day, why did he do it?

It was 1:00 in the morning when I heard the click of the door. Mom stepped inside with a cigarette dangling from her mouth. Her hair was rumpled and her makeup was smudged and smeared. I peeked from the crack of Mom's bedroom and saw her coming towards her room. "Angelina! Where's my food?" She barked. I scurried over and brought her a sandwich. Mom grabbed the sandwich and threw it on the carpet. " What's this? I want my sandwich less crusty!" "There's no more bread left." I whimpered. She slapped me across the face as her polished nails scraped my cheek. I felt warm blood trickling down my cheek. I clutched my bleeding cheek with my fingers as tears started flowing. Mom screamed at me," Your Daddy's not going to save you anymore, is he? IS HE?" Dad had died from a heart attack last month after he had divorced Mom and had taken custody of me. He used to protect me from Mom if he ever saw her hitting me. I stepped back and raced outside. I sat down on the sidewalk and started to weep. An old lady quickly passed by me and smirked as she saw me. I knew I looked filthy with my ratty jacket that Dad had given to me before he died.