Prologue

prologue

I feel like every minute that I spent in this place was making me sick worst was slowly robbing my sanity away. "You look sick," Chanyeol looked at me as we walked down the wide white corridor that has metal doors strategically placed in calculated distance. I can hear someone singing, someone saying something over and over again, there will be occasional screams and there were laughter. I looked at him, he was walking like nothing, whistling and playing with the keys. How can he be like this? This place was totally sick! And he was telling me I looked sick, well I am sick. "How do you do it?" Chanyeol stopped tucking one hand in the pocket of his white pants. "What do you mean?" he turned to look at me. I shrugged, "How you do it? Be like, you know, nothing," I heard the sigh in my voice. I wanted to get out of this place. Chanyeol chuckled shaking his head, he then clapped my back, "Simple, you don't linger to it. Come on, Seungri, you need to pull yourself together. You will spend around three months here what will happen to you if they assign you to ward C, you might end up one of these," he pointed the metal doors with his hand, "a patient here not in ward B but of course in ward A." he shook his head while clicking his tongue. That was one of the first thing I learned here: Ward A for the insane males, ward B for the insane females and Ward C, I never been there but base on the stories I wouldn't dare, the ward for the most criminally, dangerous and totally insane people. Those who were beyond repairable.

I pulled the collar of my shirt as if it will do better in this contaminated air that I was breathing. I muttered consecutive curse that if only it could reach the very ear of my father who banished me into working into one of his mental institution just because I was expelled in the school for kicking asses of total bastards. Oh, the perks of being a son of a mental institution owner. I stopped behind Chanyeol as he faced a metal door that has the number 37 on it. I took a deep breathed, screw pride after this I will be apologizing to my asshole of a father. Biting my lips I fumbled on the hem of my white shirt because that was what were uniforms here, all glorious white. Chanyeol turned to me with a grin while handing me the keys which he already separated the silver key that has an old small paper taped to it that has the number 37 on it, "I assure you, she's the most beautiful crazy you will see in your entire life, besides she's the most close to normal here," he is not making anything bearable at all. Normal? That doesn't exist in this fucking place.

With a grim in my face I snatched the keys from his hold. "Move, asshole," he just laughed and stepped away from the door. I inhaled deeply and battled within myself if I should look at the small windows. But it was the standard protocol, I should look or I might be caught off guard. I swallowed hard, good thing Chanyeol left me be without the teasing because he was so busy with preparing all the shots that he will be needing if things went 'out of control'. I took another step close to the door and I took a peek on the small window on it. I saw her there, hair so long and so messy, skin pale white with red scratches on them from her nails probably. She was staring at the blank air and it was as if I called her name as she looked at me. I blinked. For once, Chanyeol was damn right. She indeed was beautiful. The hair, the shape of her face, her perfect nose and that well define lips. Her eyes were the most beautiful and empty I have ever looked at and I was lost and drown at the questions that instantly plagued my mind. Why was she there? Why was she there? What happened to her?

Her lips curved in a kind smile and I quickly opened the door for her because she doesn't deserve to be inside this fucked up cell. This place was hell than prisons. As the door clicked, I gently pushed it open and she remained still, just staring at us, not moving. "Hello, Dara," Chanyeol smiled to her, sitting on the edge of her bed. He lifted his arm and offered a high five which she gladly accepted. I looked at them as they engaged into a small and honestly, the most decent conversation I have heard in my two weeks here. I looked at the girl, so she was Dara. Chanyeol can't shut up about her, he was his most favorite patient here. I listened to them converse, she sounded normal, she was too normal to be here. Chanyeol took her hand gently to his and looked her straight to her eye. "Dara," he begin gently and I remembered the only problem that they had with her: she never wanted to get out of the room because she was too afraid. "You need to attend your session, okay," Dara looked at him with wide eyes, searching his eyes. "Chanyeol," there was fear in her quivering voice. She shook her head, "No.. Chanyeol, please." I stare as she desperately begged him, holding his hand so tight. "Dara, you need to attend the session." She shook her head before throwing his hand and standing up to move back. She shook her head violently and she started screaming, losing herself. Chanyeol tried to calm her down but she was just out of control. "Why can't Hyung just be here?" I asked, mad, that bastard was so self important!

"This is actually part of her therapy, she needed to get out somehow right?" Chanyeol retorted with disdain. "I don't want to get out!" she cried, sliding to the floor and hugging her knees to her chest. "He could be there, he must there, he is there…" she cried and I can't even bare to watch. This was a sick fucked up place.