_1_Jinsol

Since day one, all I did was give, and all you did was take. Nothing would feel wrong to me, just being by your side, being called your girlfriend, it was enough to feed my love.

Entangled together, breaths and laughs mingling, when the words 'I love you' bubbled in my throat, threatened to rip my heart out, instead of running away, I welcomed the feeling with open arms, kissed you back until all I could think was plump, warmth.

Was it the way being in love should feel?

A time would come when I would say those three words to you. It felt only right, it was happening.

You were the first to make me crave another person's presence to this extent. Minutes felt like seconds, hours felt like minutes and weren't enough. Nothing was enough.

I didn't realize the way I loved you, the way you accepted my love without being able to return it was toxic. I was content this way. We didn't have to talk about your exes, mines didn't even cross my mind in the darkness of your room.

Hours spent laying in bed, the entire musical repertoire playing on shuffle, from classical music to 90's rap. Everything sounded like heaven as long as we were together. As long as you held me in your arms, cracked jokes that I would-of course- buy every time, nothing seemed to matter. Your broken heart and mine soon-to-be were the least of our worries.

Young, in love, discovering, I gave everything I could, complimented, talked in the sweetest ways, mended a broken heart. This heart, I wanted it healed to sync with mine. But that couldn't happen, simply because you weren't ready. You couldn't trust again, not that easily, you had said, and waiting wasn't an issue for me. Why couldn't I fucking understand it would never work out? Why did I have to hang onto strings that were never there in the first place?

You tell me.

I loved you. And I probably still do.