Intro

I should start this off by saying that my recent absence from wattpad (one of many) has been for... pressing reasons. Obviously my health has been pretty rickety for a long time, if anyone here has kept up with my random gripes of pains and calling myself an old man.

The story is a long one.

Just over 2 weeks ago, I came home and realized I was having trouble breathing. This along with some pains in my abdomen. This followed some concerning pains in my legs and hips, as well as the fact that I had been rapidly losing weight over the summer. When I told my mom about my problems breathing, she felt around my torso and eventually found a lump under my left rib cage. This was initially thought to be a swollen lymph node. After calling my doctors, she was told to admit me to the ER for check ups. There I had labs drawn, x rays done, and other checks.

When the results came back, we were told that I was going to be transferred to the hospital because what was found was abnormal. Hours later I had been driven to the hospital, with more checks being done- eventually, I was moved to the oncology floor. The next day was a whirlwind- test after test after test, as well as procedures to get fluid from my lungs.

It took all of 2 days for a team of doctors to come in and tell me that I have cancer. They didn't know what kind as of yet, however that would come the next day.

Soft tissue synovial sarcoma. An incredibly rare, 1 in a million cancer. In this time, my world was shattered. My mind raced, and I wondered if this was it. I wondered if this is how it would end.

So. To those who know me, and didn't know the story, here it is. I am currently battling cancer. My chemo will last 6 months.

I plan to fight with all that I have.