our challenges.

[Onderin de Nederlandse vertaling van onze challenges uitleg]

SHIFTING OUR FOCUS

While we may have started our account based on collaboration and the getting together of designers, not all of this talk is friendship and flowers. While the metal music in the background is turned up, it's time to introduce you to...

Competition and hardship.
As creators of graphics we like to compare ourselves against others and what better way to do so than by creating challenges for ourselves? Not only that, but we invite our readers to take part in these challenges as well! This way, we have fun and can be made fun of at the same time.

WHAT ARE THESE CHALLENGES?

The challenges can be anything, not even necessarily cover based. To name some examples, here are the ideas we came up with already.
- Design two horror covers. One of these should be completed in half an hour, while the other one has to take one hour.
- Cover Roulette. Every designer in the group has a set amount of time to work on a cover. Then they should send it to the next person, who continues work on the cover. So the designers work on the same cover together.

CAN I TAKE PART IN THESE CHALLENGES TOO?

Absolutely! Honestly, this was the reason we were excited for this book. This way, it's not just our annoying covers every chapter. We will announce challenges and invite you to complete them alongside us, showcasing and shouting out our favorites!

[Dit boek is dus om onze uitdagingen voor onszelf en jullie in te zetten. Deze uitdagingen kunnen van alles zijn, als het maar met design te maken heeft. We gaan hier zelf aan mee doen, maar dagen jullie ook zeker uit om het uit te proberen!]