Chapter 1

Jacks POV

We sat in our managers office he was currently talking on the phone with someone about our tour. He hung up the phone frustrated and huffed out a breath as he plopped into his office chair.

"Is something wrong?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, the opener just quit! Their lead singer broke his leg." He replied rubbing his temples.

"The tour starts in a week and a half!" Zack yelled.

"I know, I know we just need to find an opener, and fast. Search YouTube and try to find someone, I'll call a few other managers I know and see if their bands are interested."

"I at least want to know what the band music sounds like before we sign them," I said tapping my foot in thought.

"I would too, what's the point of an opener if we don't even like the band?" Rian added.

"Alright then do some research on YouTube and find some bands you like I'll give you some suggestions over the next few days," our manager said typing on his laptop. We all nodded and walked out of the office.

"Well this fucking sucks," Alex muttered as he kicked a rock while heading towards his car.

"Yeah well try to find someone that would actually be a good opener,and call us if you find someone," Zack said getting into Rian's car.

~~~
We searched for six days and found no one. Most of the people that our manager suggested were just remakes of One Direction. A lot of the people from YouTube had a good taste in music but a sucky voice. I sighed as I told Alex that I also had no luck in finding an opener. We were sitting at a bar with our sunglasses on and our hoods up, we've been mobbed before...it wasn't fun.

The bar only had about sixty people in it and they were all looking at the stage.

"We have some entertainment tonight, please welcome to the stage Fixing Fire," a worker from the bar said unenthusiastically.

A girl walked confidently onto the stage with a guitar case in hand. She set down the case and opened it up, pulling out a beautiful acoustic. She sat on a stool that had been pulled out for her and positioned herself in front of the microphone. She looked down at her guitar and strummed a few chords. Everyone was talking and not paying attention to the spotlight. She looked at the crowd and sighed at how rude they were being. She flicked her blonde bangs out of her eyes and took a breath. She started strumming a few notes and I instantly recognized it as I Miss You by Blink 182.

"She has good taste in music," Alex whispered beside me, "now let's see if she has a good voice."

"Hello there.
The angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in the background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim.
Of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want.
Where you can always find me.
We'll have Halloween on Christmas and in this night we'll wish this never ends.
We'll wish this never ends," The girl sang. She was good, very good, in fact she was great. Alex and I just quietly turned our heads towards each other with gaping mouths.

"I want her," I said.

"Whoa bro, TMI."

"Not what I meant Alex, I meant for our opener."

"Oooooh, okay that makes more sense and I do too."

The girl finished the song and started packing up her guitar. Not many of the people in the crowd payed attention to the girl on stage. Alex called the rest of the band, while she was still singing and they heard her through the phone. They thought she was amazing and agreed. We walked up to her and she cocked an eyebrow at us.