Blur Party

Loud music, bodies moving and cheering glasses of alcoholic drinks. The usual scenario of a night club party.

Tight dresses, exchanging conversations and the mood for lust. The devilish work of getting drunk and having that hotel afterparty with some hot stranger.

"I'm not going," I declare.

I can sense the annoyance in their nerves when I turn my head back to my laptop. They cross their arms and raise an eyebrow.

"Come on, it's just gonna be one night of your 'boring' life," She literally gives a tone on that word.

I never did like parties, I mean, who does? The unpleasant smell of bitter beverages mixing with sweaty scent of perfume from different species. Plus dancing around in a colorful beamed-light, dark room with upbeat sounds from the person with loud speakers around him yet still wearing a headset while pushing buttons and spinning a disk with two fingers, which have the initials of DJ.

I prefer staying in the bathroom my whole life than being in a night club.

But my friends wouldn't like that idea.

"How about this?" One of them states, "If you come with us for the night, we will get you the book series that you always talked about."

My ears flinch after hearing those words. Books, my greatest weakness. I turn my face back to them.

"Okay, I'm listening." I look at them, signing that they have my attention.

They grin and reach a black, leather, very very tight and revealing dress to me.

My eyebrows instantly furrow, "There's no way, literally no way, I'm wearing that to a party."

"Come on, you'll look so astonishing in this one," she insists.

I shake my head, "Nope. I ain't wearing anything that reveals too much skin and barely gives me space to breathe."

They look at each other. Thinking of a way to get out of my seat and convince me to go to the "party".

As they are brainstorming, I turn back my attention to the laptop screen. I continue to type in my paper works.

I was almost done with typing when someone spins my chair around and pulls me out my sit.

"What the-"

They push me inside the bathroom and start getting my clothes off. Talk about harassment at this point.

"Are you crazy?"

"Shh.. if you come to the party, we'll buy you every book you could ever fantazised. Deal?" She smiles while looking at me in the eyes.

I sigh in surrender. I nod as an agreement gesture. They dress me up in the fastest way possible.

"Let's do a very smokey eye shadow,"

"Let me get the heels,"

"This dress will naturally hug those fine curves,"

They're all like some maids dressing up a princess. Only that it's in a modern version.

After a couple of eternity, I'm finally in a completely new version of me. I couldn't stop staring at mirror.

My view is breathtaking, literally. How could you breathe in this kind of clothing?

They look at me, well, more like staring at me. Their eyes are full excitement and awe. I better hope that they'll give me those books.

"Oh! One last thing,"

She takes out a pair of shiny silver earrings. She gives it to me and I attach it to both my ears.

"Let's go."

----------------------

I could barely hear anything else due to the booming in my ears. My head kinda hurts because I'm not used to the loudness. We are inside this dark cave with rainbow light beams scattered everywhere. And modern cave people dancing to deafening music.

"We're here!" Ashley exclaims.

"Yehey," I whisper sarcastically.

There's a stair leading down to the dance floor, and like in movies of royalties, the attention is on us. I feel uncomfortable with all the stares from different faces.

With the four of us, clicking our heels on the metal stairs, people just observed every steps. I honestly could barely keep my pace, because I'm not used to any types of pointy heels in any inches.

In the middle of the cave, is the dance floor, on the left side is the bar area and on the right is tables with cushion seats surrounding the table, that hopefully feels comfortable and doesn't have any sort of entity smell from these people.

"Can we get a table?" I ask. My feet are killing me.

"Not until we dance first," Natasha pulls me to the center of the crowd where mostly the single people stay to bump into someone seductive.

Please let me out of here.