CHAPTER 1

RAIN. I didn't care for it much. And as my feet thundered against the pavement it was a wonder I could tell the difference between my footsteps and the echo of the lightning over head.  I dashed across the parking lot of the campus. It had to be the most on brand thing of me to do. To be late on the first day. Not that it would matter. Everyone would be lost as well on where to find their classes. Maybe I was in luck. Maybe the scrambling of the other students would mean my tardiness wasn't a huge deal. 

By the time I reached the doors to the massive building, the rain had already seeped into shoes. The sweat forming on my forehead had to have looked miniscule in comparison to the rain droplets pouring down my face.  

I yanked at the doors, expecting them to be much heavier. I practically stumbled backwards. Finally, inside I took the liberty of wiping my face off with my jacket. It felt like a wet towel against my skin. 

Thankfully the hallways looked just as chaotic as I thought they would. Blurs of color wisped every direction and the hum of excitement and possibly anxiety swimmed in the air. I needed to find phycology class. And from the looks of it I was on the wrong floor.