Final

"Mom, you promised me that I can return to Turkey once I complete my degree! What is this marriage nonsense about?" Joong created a ruckus when he found out that he will be getting married to a stranger, a guy, in less than a month. 

"Joong, you know your dad's words are final. He needs this for his business. You know how bad the economy is right now. Can you please be more understanding my dear baby?" She tried to cajole him but to no avail because...

"Mom, you know I plan to marry Cherlyn once we graduate from university. You know that she means the world to me" Joong deadpanned and folded his arms, he was not giving up without a fight. 

"You know I do not like her. You know Nine is-"

"I don't know him! All I know is that he is that annoying and sassy kid who gets on my nerves!" Joong raised his voice. 

"Do not speak of Nine that way!" Joong's mom was cut off by a calm voice.

"It's okay auntie. If he wants to be immature, let him be. We will get married either way." Nine strolled into the living room and smiled warmly at Joong's mom. You can't blame her for being smitten. 

"My darling Nine! You came early." Joong's mom went forward to hug Nine. "This kid is really trying to test my patience. Please talk some sense into him while I bring out the food okay?" 

"Sure, auntie." Nine replied and Joong's mom walked off. 

"Are you crazy? You agreed to this marriage?!" Joong shouted at Nine once his mom was out of sight. 

"Joong, come on. Grow up. You know our family need this." Nine sat down on the sofa and crossed his legs and folded his arms casually. 

"What is normal about this?!" Joong is angry but also puzzled. How can Nine be so calm about this arrangement? It's a marriage that they are talking about. 

"I will divorce you once things calm down." Nine replied lazily. 

"Nine Kornchid-"

"I know you want to marry Cherlyn. This is the best way to protect her." Nine replied calmly. And this is the best way I can protect you.

"Fine," Joong said after considering for a moment, "you must divorce me as soon as possible. I-"

"I will. Trust me, I don't want this equally as much as you." Nine tried to mask his feelings with a scoff. 

"Kids, dinner is ready!" Joong's mom ended their conversation and was more than happy to hear that Joong has agreed to the marriage. 

- - 

<Nine's pov> 

The next thing I knew, our marriage as well as the merger of our companies were announced and I was living with Joong in our new home. Every day, I would prepare breakfast for both of us which Joong would never touch. Every day, I would wait for him to come home in the living room and walk off nonchalantly once I know he is home safely. Every day, I would hold on to that little glimpse of hope that Joong would notice my sweet gesture towards him behind my seemingly ignorant and cold self. 

As usual, I woke up earlier to prepare breakfast for both of us. As I placed both of our breakfast on the table, Joong walked out of his room and I was shocked when he joined me by the table. 

"Thanks for the breakfast." Joong said and started to eat. 

"You are welcome." I smiled back and looked down, trying to hide my blush. What was with this sudden change in him?