Chapter 1: Memories to Priorities

Woke up at 5:30 am on a Monday morning but not just an ordinary morning, those suffering and tiring days that always happens for every single one that comes before me.

Opened my eyes to the glittering ceiling, the silk fabric of the warm blanket. I remember being tucked in at night by the orphanage caretaker before going to sleep. But every memory can fade away, right?
I sat up and groaned, is this a dream of torture? Or a nightmare of possibilities? I can't bear it knowing that I'll just be the girl I never hoped, but made to be.
I stood up, walking to the bathroom and looking myself in the mirror. Is this my true reflection? My straight black hair to a Rapunzel-like length, my flaring hazel brown eyes, a [not-so-flat-but-noticeable] chest, and a curve-shape of hips to toe, stuck in the miserable 5ft body. 
I gave a tiny chuckle to myself and opened the cabinet from the back of the mirror. My usual friends; the blade, the painkillers and the sewing kit. I never really used that old sewing kit, it actually belonged to my grandmother, what kind of use can it be for me? Oh well, I'll save it for another day.

I closed the cabinet and went to my desk, full of stick-it notes and all were written by a red pen. I remember these from my elementary days. People calling me emo, absent-minded, weirdo, creep, the list goes on forever! I picked up all the notes from the table, to the cases, but mostly under the table and by the floor and placed them in the case where I usually hide all my sorrow and fears. I grabbed the brush from the side of the table and brushed my hair, making my way to the huge body-look mirror from the old childhood house I used to live in. I was actually adopted at some point, wonder in my real parents ever liked me. My only companion and the one I trusted was Madam Veronica, or I so-call-her my 'grandmother'. She's in her mid 40's so calling her as a grandmother isn't as bad as I hoped. She'd let me call her something else, but whatever.

I looked at the calendar, I'm turning 15 this year. And today is the day I start at a new school, at a boarding house just a few stoplights away from this place, with elegance, manners and all the girly stuff. I'm not into those, so I can pass. I actually like being a maid for my grandmother. And yes, I work for her. But since she got a soft heart to let me study in a real school after 14 years of nothing but washing dishes and taking orders from her everyday. It's finally happening.

I looked outside my window, in which outside, is actually a balcony. A faint sunrise shined through the sky, the stars that I gaze every night, fades away slowly as the sun went up.
Then someone knocked on the door.

"Good Morning Miss Sanchez. Madam Veronica bought you your uniform, books, notebooks and your stationary. Should I send them here?" My personal maid, Marie asked as she walked in a very shy way. 
"Uh, yeah sure. Bring them up..." I said as I sighed and sat on the computer chair by the desk.
"Of course Miss Sanchez." Maria said as she walked back in a very poised manner. I don't want to be treated this way to be COMPLETELY honest. I would be treated differently anyways when I get to school. Ugh.

Without hesitation, Marie came back. Looking as if she was running in a 50 meter run. She was sweating like there was no tomorrow. Alongside was Jerome, the trusted butler. He held all the stuff and went inside like I was invisible, placing the uniform and other stuff by the bed.
"School starts at 8. You have an hour and a half to prep up for the first day at Wingdale Academy. Marie will fetch you here later. Do I make myself clear, Arietta Clemence Sanchez?" Darn, why does he have to say my full name every time?
"Ugh, yeah sure.." I sighed.

As they both left the room, I looked at my wall clock. It's already 6 am. Oh well, better check my stuff and uniform before I go take a shower I suppose.
I looked at the uniform; A blouse with long sleeves and a silver ribbon that might be like a necktie, but mainly just a ribbon, then a silk black jacket with a silver wing at the upper left chest pocket, matching black skirt and white knee-high socks. Since grandmother didn't bother to buy me any shoes, I saved up for tiny black boots. They might as well fit together, well, at least I hope it will.

I got my towels and went to the shower, I didn't really care if I get noticed in school or anything. I just want to finish the school year as a sophomore, then next year, a junior, then finally, a senior.
This is the first time I get to study in school. Because of my 'problems' in life, I was home schooled until I was 14 [just now apparently, my grandmother wanted me to socialize, making me stop homeschooling, even if it's not that bad]

I got out 15 minutes later, wrapped my body with the longer towel, and dried my hair with the bit shorter one. Wore my undergarments and grabbed a bag from the closet.

I never used any of these, ever since I was dying to go to school as a kid, I wanted to buy myself a backpack. I found this nice bag with the top flap as a face of a bear. I begged my grandmother to buy that bag and never needed another one.
I grabbed the bag and looked at the schedule at the top of the packed books. I brought the only books and notebooks I needed, and even the cute stationary that came with the notebooks.

Looking at the clock again, it's 6:30. I wore my uniform and boots, took a glance at the mirror. I never looked so, different.
I grabbed my sketchpad by the bed and started drawing. It's a hobby actually, I'm planning to finish a degree in fine arts. I mean, drawing is my life, this is the only place where I express my sorrows. In these blank pages, soon to be filled with every detail of my life.

"Miss Sanchez, We'll be leaving early today. We might get caught up with traffic. Is your bag ready?" Marie said, opening the door like no one's home. Am I really that unnoticeable?
"Yeah, I'll go now." I replied as I placed my sketchpad inside the bag.
"Good, well, let's go then!" Marie said with a smile as she escorted me to the family car, driven by Jerome of course.

I walked down the stairs with Marie when I saw my grandmother sitting by the window while drinking tea.
"Good morning dear, are you ready for your first day studying in Wingdale?" She asked as she got up to give me a hug.
"Yeah, I'm very excited." I said in an exaggerating voice.
"Well, here's your lunch," She handed me a small lunchbox. "And some money too, go buy some friends if you can." Then she laughed as she handed me the money.
"Uhm. I'm gonna go now. Bye grandmother." I said as I placed the money in the bag and ran for the door.

I hopped in the car with Marie and Jerome.
"School ends at 5. Don't stay too long okay?" Jerome said as he started the car, making his way out of the driveway.
"Yeah..." I sighed, reaching for my mp3 and headphones. I might as well listen to some music and drift off for now.

---------------------------------------

End of Chapter 1.

Author's note:
Hey c:
It's been awhile..
I wanted to say I'm sorry for not updating.

So this book... Is mostly about my life, but not entirely. Just some memories and my past.
I'll be updating 2-3 days or maybe a week.
Okay? Okay c:

x_StoriesOfAGirl_x