1: saviour

To the Duke of Bravard, being a part of the royal family was his pride

To the Duke of Bravard, being a part of the royal family was his pride. He wanted to be known by other royal family members to show that he was one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the country.

Because of that, he made sure that his children to be married to a person who was equal to his status.

It was also the reason why his youngest daughter, Angelique Bravard, hated to be a part of the royal family.

"Pleased to meet you, Duke," greeted a young gentleman who came from one of the royal families. "Is this your daughter, if I may ask?"

"Ah, yes," the Duke of Bravard beamed proudly. "She is my beloved little princess. Her name is Angelique."

She forced herself to smile and show respect to the gentleman in front of her, who did not stop staring at her. He bowed and he was inviting her to have a walk in the garden. She used her fan to cover half of her face and she gave a fake cough.

"My apologies. I am afraid that I cannot walk with you," Angelique said with her pained look. "I am not feeling well and I do not wish to infect my illness to you."

"I see. Do you want me to call for a doctor to check on you?"

"Thank you but I am prepared to head back home soon."

With a disappointed look, the gentleman walked away and more ladies were taking the opportunity to talk to him. The Duke of Bravard let out a loud sigh and he glared at his daughter.

"You fake your sickness to avoid him, aren't you??"

"Father, I have the right to refuse," Angelique answered blankly. "Besides, I don't like the way he looked at me. What if he did something horrible to me?"

"You are thinking too much!" he whispered angrily. "What if you make me lose the chance to interact more with his family??"

"I want to decide my own future, father!" she whispered back with her dissatisfied tone. "I don't want to marry someone I don't love!"

"No, I will decide your future because you are my daughter!"

Angelique wanted to snap as his other two older daughters came to him quickly to calm him down. Antoinette was pulling her father's arm while Claudine was glaring at Angelique.

"People are watching, you little pest. If you want to go home so badly, might as well just wait until the function is over."

"I wish I can walk home on my own," Angelique frowned.

"Sure," Claudine had a nasty grin on her face. "But our father would watch over his dearest little princess. You cannot go anywhere or do anything you like, my dear little sister~"

Claudine walked away with Antoinette as they accompanied their father to meet other important guests. Angelique tightened her fists and she had always wanted to step on her sister's shoes.