Plastic Rings

Harry is 5 Louis is 7

Harry’s mom kneeled down and placed her hands on his shoulders. She smiled causing the skin around her eyes to wrinkle.

“A new family is moving in next door. The Tomlinsons. They have a little boy just a little older than you. He’s 7 I think.”

“Can I go play with him?” He asked excitedly. There was no one who lived around here anywhere near his age. The closest was a girl named Rebecca who lived down the street and she was 9.

“Of course you can!” She said with a chuckle as she ruffled his curly hair.

He ran out of the kitchen and slipped his shoes on quickly. He continued to run out of the house and to the next one down. Once he was in front of the door he stood on his tiptoes to reach the doorbell, he could but just barely.

A woman opened the door and before she could say anything he said “Hi, I’m Harry. I live next door and my mom told me a boy lived here and I was wondering if we could play?” She smiled down at him and said “Sure come on in. Louis is in his room.”

He walked into the house with the woman she smiled down at him before saying “Hold on just a second, sweetie.” She cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted “LOUIS! THE BOY FROM NEXT DOOR WANTS TO PLAY!”

He could hear the sound of feet running through the hall and soon a boy who was a little taller than him was stood in front of him. He had bright blue eyes and brown hair that flicked across his face. A smile crossed his face as he said “Hi! I’m Louis!” and stuck his hand out at Harry.

Harry chuckled before shaking it and said “I’m Harry.”