102

[[ m.yg + p.jm ]]

sugamint
hey so i know you said you were visiting your family for christmas
don't know if i'll get the chance to stop by or if you'll stop by my apartment or whatever but like
i have your gift
also merry christmas

park_jiminie
merry Christmas Yoongi <3
you're spending the day with Jungkook right?

sugamint
yup
i'm about to head to his house now

park_jiminie
let me know how he reacts to your gift :)
and what you think of his gift to you

sugamint
i will
what'd you get me btw

park_jiminie
coal in a stocking

sugamint
wow we got each other the same thing

*
*
*

He hadn't told Jungkook what time he would be showing up - he only said that he'd be showing up. And so now here Yoongi stood, 8 a.m. at the boy's doorstep, large gift bag held tightly in his hands behind his back. He pulled one hand out in front of him to knock at the door.

It was Jungkook's mother who answered just seconds later.

"Oh, good morning, Ms. Jeon." He smiled politely at her, bowing his head slightly. "Merry Christmas. Did Jungkook let you know I'd be stopping by?"

"He did," she replied, also smiling. "He's in the shower right now, but you're welcome to come inside. It's so cold out there."

"Could be worse." Yoongi chuckled as he stepped into the house and closed the door behind him. "Oh, I actually brought over some hotteok for you," he said, soon to take out the plastic container which had also been transported via the large gift bag. "I'm not the best with desserts, but I'm learning."

Pleasantly surprised by the gift, Ms. Jeon thanked Yoongi and gratefully accepted the gift, promptly taking it over to the kitchen. By the looks of it, she had been spending her morning baking all sorts of things, having created a mixture of smells that, despite their variety, all blended well together and greeted Yoongi's nostrils happily.

Ms. Jeon encouraged him to make himself comfortable on the living room couch. Right now, however, all Yoongi wanted to do was go upstairs, knock on the bathroom door, and tell Jungkook his shower concert was beautiful - all Christmas songs, naturally, and typically Yoongi hated Christmas music but listening to his boyfriend belt the lyrics to All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey was a blessing to his ears. At the same time he couldn't help but feel the strong urge to burst out into laughter.

He probably has no idea I'm here.

Seeing as Jungkook's mother was here this time, Yoongi wasn't going to sneakily climb the stairs and wait outside the bathroom, or even go up to knock on the door, even though he really wanted to. Instead, he chose to wait (im)patiently on the couch until the moment the bathroom door opened, and the stairs were soon to be descended by the great shower performer himself.

"Min. Yoongi."

Struggling to withhold his laughter, Yoongi slowly turned around on the couch to face the boy now standing at the foot of the stairs in sweatpants and a button-up sweater, jaw dropped, face already cherry-red with embarrassment.

"How long have you been here?"

"Since the end of Jingle Bell Rock." Yoongi pursed his lips, his grin widening. "Lovely rendition, by the way, from what little of that song I heard."