Chapter 1: Applications and Anxiety

“Get roommates;it’s a good way to get settled as an adult and make friends”
                      My mother’s words have been seared into the back of my brain since 9am a week ago. I just moved into my new apartment and now i have to get roommates or else that voice is going to haunt me. Plus I kinda need roommates since I’m currently unemployed. I put up an ad for it two days after I set up all the furniture. Until now the only requests I got were men in their 40s that look like they go to My Little Pony conventions and live in their mom’s basement. But now I have two requests from guys that don’t look utterly disgusting. 

            Blaise Nix. 28, dark skinned, nurse. He says he’s goth. Not like what you would see when you looked up “goth” on Google. But goth nonetheless. And Christian Kemp. 25, vitiligo, works at a local tea shop. He is a hipster; not to make assumptions but he just looks like one.

They were the only two that were decent looking and didn’t make me feel hunted. 

                                   Blaise

            It’s the same thing ever since the 20th century. Same job. Same hours. Same douchebag men. Same type. Same story. Same level of popularity with low confidence girls. The only thing changing is the fashion, the people and what they believe in. Then again it’s the best place to get take-out. There’s always red meat. Beverages are always amazing. And the taste of the main course is always a surprise.

            It may be crowded and difficult to find exactly the right meals. But hey! What would you expect from a hospital?

             There are ways to get food without Saige scolding me. Easier ways. But it’s the only way to feed without getting caught.

           “Another heart from the hospital? What if someone needs that?”

           “It was barely beating. There was a bullet in it. Unusable. They gave it to me to dispose of anyway.” That was a lie. I couldn't find an unusable heart. This one belonged to someone named Miss Dee. She was a 97 year old woman that needed a transplant. But I couldn’t tell her that. She would lecture me for the next century, and she needs to eat.
             “So, I signed you up for a thing” Saige said after a long moment of silence

              “A thing?”

             “An apartment”

             “No”

             “No? But Blaise, I'm moving in with our great great great,” she continued about 30 more ‘great’s “-great grandmother. I don't want you to be alone in an abandoned house that doesn't have a toilet. I signed you up to live in an apartment with two other people”

I didn't feel like arguing with her. I didn't feel like arguing with anyone that has been 15 for 200 years. Too angsty.

              “When do I have to leave?” I need to know when to start packing. I don't  wanna start when it's too late. 

             "Two days. Make sure you're out of here by then. You know that there are tracers around and I don't want them to find you"

           “I won’t be here, I promise”

                                                                  Avery

 24 hours

16 hours

2 hours

10 minutes

“Jo, I’m freaking out”

           “That doesn’t give you the right to just call me while I'm on a date”

           “Going to the only library in town, that allows food, and eating a sandwich while staring at the volunteers is not a date, Jo.

Jo, a person that I have never met is coming to live with me”

           “No, you have two people coming to live with you. It's just that one of them won’t be there until Thursday”

                                                            Knock knock knock

         “Crap! Jo I gotta go”   

          "Make good choices!"

Hi, thanks for reading(if you did)!

its something that I'm working on and wanted to share.

Feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged so please don't be shy!

This is not the first story I've written but it's the first one that's published that's not x reader fanfiction.

I plan on continuing this story so if you want to be tagged in the next chapter please ask.

But please remember that I am a 15 year old with a whole life so if it takes some time please don't be mad at me!