The beginning of the end

Gunshots, explosions, sirens, and people panicking, running and screaming. Screaming by fear, screaming for mercy to the Gods they believe in, screaming for hope. This is by the time the disease, virus, infection, a curse or whatever they call it, landed on our country.

Flashback

11:55pm December 24, 2018

*TV news playing*
".. that's all folks! Merry Christmas to all of you!"

Justin is reading something on Facebook in his room. He is also chatting with his best friend, Vincent at the same time. He is reading some article about a scientist who made an announcement that the world is going to end in 2019. The article said:

"A scientist in China, who said that the world is going to end in 2019, recently died due to a vehicular accident while going home from a party. He also said that he is going to reveal more information to the public so that they can prepare. But unfortunately, he wasn't able to."

He shared it to Vincent because he is into conspiracy theories and end of the world stuffs. Vincent was intrigued when he read the article and began looking for more information about the article. "Justin! Come down here! We're going to exchange gifts and eat!" the mother shouted. Down he come and celebrated the Christmas with his family.

These are the times where we, unknowingly, take things for granted. Times like this where everyone was enjoying the moment, forgetting about the problems, and not thinking what could happen in the future. Well, we can never really know what will happen in the future, we can never be ready, all we can do is to prepare for it. Some say, expect the worst and hope for the best, but who would know that the worst is a freaking zombie apocalypse. No time to plan and no time to prepare. All we can do now is hope for the best.

4:20am December 28, 2018

Justin received a message from Vincent.

"Hey dude, you're not gonna believe what i just found out. Remember the article you sent me about the scientist? It turns out he's a biologist who's currently working on human genetics and diseases. Man, i was thinking that the end of the world he was talking about could be a zombie apocalypse! MAN HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!"

He kept bugging Justin about the zombie apocalypse stuff and how to prepare for it. He is also convincing Justin to be ready for it but Justin ignored it and said that he's going crazy. Until he realized he was wrong.

12:00pm January 1, 2019

Justin was eating lunch with his family when suddenly, his phone rang. He ignored it but it keeps ringing, it was Vincent. Justin answered it, "hey, wha-" and gets interrupted, "dude check out the news now!" Vincent said with a terrified and panicking voice.

Justin knew Vincent since he was a kid. Ever since his family moved to the area. His and Vincent's house are just a couple of blocks away from each other. They met on a basketball court in their village. Ever since then, they've become inseparable. They played every single day and made friends with the other kids too. They know each other too well and he knew that Vincent is a strong person and isn't easily terrified at things. And Justin immediately felt that there was really something wrong when he heard Vincent's terrified voice. So, he told Vincent to calm down and asked what is going on. Vincent insisted Justin to turn on the TV.

*TV news playing*

Justin couldn't believe what he just saw. He called for his family to see the news.