the infatuation with an old anonymous acquaintance

I saw him standing in front of the other section that day . He looked the same like he was 7 years ago . So it all starts when I come back to my old school after 7 years . I could remember having the urge to be friends with that one guy I had a crush on when I was in class 3 . At that time I couldn't understand gigantic terms like love or crush . All I wanted was to become partner of that one guy in a dance performance.
I came to school with bundles of excitement. I met my old friends but my eyes were searching for that one person I realised I had a crush on back in 3 rd standard .
A month passed but I couldn't find him and I had no guts to ask any other person about where that one guy I wanted to see had been.
Talent hunt - the yearly solo dance competition was here again . I was summoned for the audition of my dance and as I was walking by the stairs , my eyes caught someone. Yes it was him . I could see him walking up the same stairs . My heart skipped a beat . I lost myself into looking at him and I tripped. Yes I tripped in front of that one person I had been waiting to see . I felt so embarrassed. I was drowning in shame . I didn't get up. I hid my face between my hands and I couldn't understand what I was supposed to do . Then I saw him smile and he lend his hand to pick me up . I was devastated. omg that guy saw me trip so badly from stairs . Why the hell would he like me ever ? I was questioning my existence.
After that incidence everytime we passed by he would always smile and remind me of my foolishness . And he never liked me back .