Chapter 1

"Stop it!" I exclaimed as I laughed uncontrollably. His hands were around my waist when he quickly and swiftly threw me over his shoulder. I began pounding on his back "Luke! Put me down!" I screeched. He took off in a slow jog, holding on to me tightly, making sure that I wouldn't fall. He chuckled at my response. After a few minutes, he put me down. We both laughed. His hands remained on my waist. He swiftly turned me around so that I was now facing a lake. The sun was just starting to set and the scene in front of me was breathtaking. I sighed in contentment as he hugged me from behind and rested his chin on the top of my head.

Luke has been my best friend since we were children. Our mothers were best friends so inevitably, we grew up together. At first we hated each other. Luke would always steal my dolls and rip their heads off or cut their hair. As we got older, we began becoming friends. And after years of our mothers trying to set us up, we finally became more than friends. I love Luke, but ever since we started dating, something always seemed off. I could never put my finger on why my gut was saying no because he was an amazing guy. He always went out of his way for me and was always there for me.

I pushed the uneasy thought out of my head and relaxed into his arms and enjoyed the sight before me. I've always had a special place in my heart for nature. It always seemed to make me forget about my problems. I felt one of Luke's arms fall raise up off my waist to gesture for us to take a seat. "Come with me." He softly stated guiding me to a rock where he sat and pulled me in between his legs.

We've been coming to this spot since we were kids. It's about a 10 minute walk from my house. It has always been 'our spot'. I loved it here. When Luke found out that his grandma passed away, he ran away. Our parents were looking everywhere for him for hours. When they finally told me, I knew he'd be here. I quietly snuck out of the house and made my way here. I found him sitting on this exact rock, sobbing. I just held him while he cried for what seemed like hours. Once he wasn't able to cry anymore we started to share funny memories of grandma Joline. This was the spot we'd come to whenever we were upset, happy, relax or escape. This was the spot that Luke asked me to be his girlfriend too. I blushed at the thought of that.

"You're working tomorrow, right?" Luke asked me. I nodded my head in response. I was an Emergency Medical Technician. I always loved medicine and wanted to be a doctor. I couldn't wait to get into the medical field and get some experience so I decided to get my EMT certification. I absolutely love my job. It may not pay the best but i'm doing something I love and helping people so it was definitely worth it. It was just hard paying my college tuition with it. But luckily I did receive a scholarship that pays for most of my tuition.

Luke was the same age as me, 21. He was tall, about 6'3. He had beautiful green eyes that stood out against his lightly tanned skin, and contrasted well with his jet black hair. He was muscular considering he played division one soccer at our college. We were both lucky enough to get into our top college which just so happened to be the same college. It was an extremely difficult school. The lecture halls held about 600 kids so it was pretty much impossible to get to know your professor. Therefore getting a letter of recommendation made it hard. I was studying biology, whereas Luke was studying criminal justice. He wanted to be a lawyer, and I know he will made a damn good lawyer considering he's always trying to pick debates with everyone.

"I should be done by 6 pm though." I stated. I turned my head towards him, "Do you want to grab dinner together, or we can grab take out and watch a movie at my house?" I asked.

He beamed, "Let's do Chinese and horror movies!" I grinned at his response. I always loved horror films. He kissed my cheek. I turned my head forward and rested it back on his chest, closing my eyes and enjoying the moment. 

----------

hello! I am trying to gauge everyone's interest in this story. The story isn't completed yet but I want to see if anyone is actually interested in this first. Soooo please leave a comment on how you are feeling about it! Thank you! and I hope you enjoy it!