3

Standing in front of the mirror, I glance at my overall shorts and white top. Then place my hair in a high ponytail so it won't be in my face. There's nothing wrong with the way I dress, I try to tell myself. I don't care what that guy said about my attire. I rub my bags under my eyes from getting zero sleep. No thanks to Trixi and that guy.

Classes are starting, and I'm beyond excited but exhausted. The first class that I must get ready for is Intro To Literature, which is the one class I'm excited about. That, plus gym. The rest are tedious requirements that I have little interest in. 

Walking out with the peach-colored bag to my side, I see Delilah picking up trash. "What happened?" I asked. 

"Good morning." She smiles at me. How is she even up right now? "You should've came out for the picnic it was a blast. We played strip poker when we came back here." 

I smile lightly at her, just enough to seem interested. "That all seems interesting," I say, knowing that is a lie. It sounds unpleasing. I'm glad I fell asleep in time. "Do you want coffee?" 

She might need it if today marks the first day of classes. I pull out the small Keurig Claudia bought me. I told her I did not need it, but she insisted. 

"I don't usually drink it," Delilah says.  "Can't be afraid to try something different though." She grins.

She goes back to cleaning while I wait for the coffee to brew. When she was done, she walked into the kitchen and stood by me. Her tall figure makes me feel so small. Being five foot five is not so pleasing anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if she modeled. "Where are you from, newbie?" She asks me. 

Me? I stupidly questioned myself. Of course, she is talking to me, I am the only one out here. "Pennsylvania," I speak.

"Wow, and you decided to come here? You could've gone to..." 

"PSU. I know." I interrupt. I heard that so many times it is no surprise that she said the same thing everyone else back at home said to me. Everyone else as in, Claudia and Nolan of course. 

"Well, you should like it here, there's so much to do." From what I have seen so far, I am scared about my decision coming here. "What do you do for fun?" She asks.

"I like to write- and work out sometimes. I also like my sleep, but it seems I won't be getting any with Trixi and her guest." 

"All that stuff is boring for me, but it suits you perfectly." She grins. "Speaking of Trixi, she never considers who's around when Chase and her hook up."

I hope she knows it is not dull, people do not seem to see the art and talent behind writing, I just let the magic flow through my fingers, and my imagination roams free. 

The door that faces the kitchen opens. Trixi and the brown-haired guy, Chase, walk out of the room with their hands all over each other. 

He lowers his head to meet her lips, his hands cup her face, swallowing her whole. Their lips smack continuously, making the atmosphere warm and strange. I've seen people make out before. I wasn't sure why I was staring so hard.