8

"Making my way downtown walking fast 

Faces pass and I'm homebound 

Staring blankly ahead just making my way 

Making a way through the crowd" 

Chase continues to sing on our journey to the gas station which is taking longer than expected. I cannot believe I was going to walk home. He has been singing for the last fifteen minutes, and it is terrible. 

The first song was 'Call me Maybe', then he switched it up to Michael Jackson 'Dirty Diana". My favorite was when he switched it up to One Direction What makes you beautiful, though his voice was terrible, and I am sure that is the only song he knows from them, 

"And I need you, Da-Da-Da-Da-Da

And I miss you, Da-Da-Da-Da-Da 

And now I wonder" 

But I had enough now. "Chase," I call out his name. 

"If I could fall into the sky 

Do you think time would pass me by?"

"Chase?" I call out once again, and he continues. 

"Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles 

If I could just see you tonight." 

"Chase!" The number of times I had to say his name upset me. I did not want to raise my voice but the louder I got the louder he got. 

"What?" He spits. "Is there a reason you keep calling my fucking name?" He curses.

"You're singing has to stop," I tell him. "It's annoying." 

"Well maybe If we actually communicate like human beings instead of walking in dead silent then I wouldn't be singing." 

"I don't think me and you are capable of having a normal conversation," I tell him. My eyes roll and my pace quickens. "Ugh, where is this stupid gas station? I have to pee." I had to go the moment I came to the party I just didn't get to that part; drinking made it worse. 

"You have a bathroom all over you." He tells me, gesturing his arm to our dark surrounding with trees to our right. 

"I'm not peeing outside; I'll wait if I have to." I sneer. 

He shrugs his shoulders while pulling out a flask. "Ok, don't say I didn't tell you." A moment of silence goes by and I can feel Chase staring at me and then looking ahead at the crosswalk. "How old are you?" It was a random question.

I look up at him with a weird face and chuckled. "Why do you want to know that?" 

"If an NYPD car just somehow appears and sees you're underage and drunk, you're getting sent to the slammers." He chuckles.

"So, will you." 

"I can drink legally." 

"How old are you?" I started to feel concerned that I never asked him, and I am walking with him with no one around. 

"Relax, I'm not forty..." He sensed how worried I was when I asked. "I just turned twenty-one last month. Age never stopped me from drinking before then anyways." He looks at me and smiles.

He has a nice smile. 

"Drinking is bad for you," I inform him. 

"And yet you just did it." He shrugs his shoulders.