Chapter 28

It's 4 AM, please don'd judge the errors in this chapter. 29 will be coming soon and will be more focused on Laela and Jasper and the next steps for their relationship.

Thank you for all the love!

The next two hours that passed by were spent in silence, myself being the only one that moved and that was to leave the house. I was beginning to go insane and couldn't stand to be around it anymore. I went outside, wondering almost to the treaty line before I felt Jasper's arms around me.

"Little Wolf." He greeted, and I turned around, cradling his face in my hands.

"Jasper, what the hell? Where the hell have the two of you been?" I whisper-yelled.

"I've been helping Alice work through her visions and we know what we have to do in order for this to work." He replied.

"For what to work? What's even going on?" I asked, still confused.

"Irina, the vampire that you saw at the wedding that was upset we brought you and Seth, she was coming to see us when she saw Renesmee. She thought she was an immortal child and she's going to tell the Volturi. Alice has seen how this plays out if you stay behind, but it doesn't end well. They'll be accepting of Ness once they see her, but they won't take too kindly to the idea of vampire and werewolf children. We have to go and gather witnesses of our own and we've seen which ones will be more accepting." Jasper explained.

"I would have wanted to come with you two anyways. I couldn't imagine you leaving for months with only phone calls, I want to come with you." I told him, confused as to why he was acting like us going to find witnesses was such a big deal.

"You don't understand. We won't be able to have contact with the family. Alice has left behind enough for Bella to prepare for the worst, but we can't have contact with them. We have to make them think we've abandoned them to save Alice and ourselves." He broke down before cautiously adding the next part. "Laela, you'll have to leave the pack. We know you need to phase in some places and we can't have the pack knowing where we are or that you plan on returning." He said, his gaze carefully watching my face.

An overseen amount of emotions charged through me all at once, that even I couldn't understand. I was peaceful, oddly enough, and I knew it wasn't Jasper controlling me. If this meant that I could save our families, I would do it. I nodded my head and looked up at Jasper,

"If it means we save everyone around us, I'm okay with it. It might not be as painful to break away if I don't have an alpha calling for me to stay. I can do this." I said, not totally sure who I was reassuring.

Alice made her presence known, standing next to me and wrapping a gentle arm around me.

"It won't be as painful. Once you made up your mind, I could see it. This one will emotionally hurt, but it wont physically harm you or your children." She reassured. "We just need your help to convince Sam to let me pass through."

"I can do that." I told her. "I just have to phase and break away, then I can talk to him."

They both nodded and I walked to the forest, taking care of my clothes and phasing. I heard nothing, luckily. I wasn't sure how I was going to break away – I didn't really remember how I left the pack the last time. I focused on being the only one in a pack again and felt the similar loneliness I felt when I was on my own. I let out single lone howl after joining Alice and Jasper at the border again and eventually heard Sam's familiar treading making its way toward us.

Sam, we need your help. I said.

Laela? Why can I hear your thoughts, you're not Alpha.