One Little Missing Variable

For as long as anyone could remember, Professor Squawkencluck had always been a bit... off. Her mental capacities and her ability to feel emotions and empathize with others were always on point, but there was always something else... something that was lacking... No one had any words to explain it and most folks didn't even notice until much later on, but even from the very beginning, Professor Squawkencluck had always been a little bit more different than usual and she was never quite in line with the rest of society.

Now, there was nothing wrong with a little difference, or a little rebellion, because everyone was unique and defiant in their own special way, but Professor Squawkencluck's way was a bit more complicated and unusual. It was harder to describe and harder to even identify. It was like a tiny variable in a massive experiment or equation, a small, trifle little thing, but whose absence or appearance could shift the balance of an entire system/structure just based on how it presented itself, if it presented itself at all.

One little miscalculation, one little missing variable, and the entire system could collapse. Such was the case for Professor Squawkencluck. No, the type of difference that really set her apart from the rest of society was something much deeper and, thusly, much more dangerous and much harder to detect. It wasn't just her tomboyish nature, or even her vast intelligence. It was something more than that. It was something that happened because of her vast intelligence, but as an unintentional reaction. But intention was never a factor for how destructive a reaction could be...

But because her type of difference was so much more unusual and undetectable than normal, it never really was a concern for anyone! No one cared, or even noticed! At least not until it was a little bit too late... One little missing variable changed the equation and when that one little missing variable was finally found, it would change the course of history forever.

AN: This will be a weird, multi-chapter rewrite of Squawk's character, casting her as a slightly unstable individual that eventually spirals down into something far more drastic. The plot will be very loose, so I apologize now if it's not as flowing as a real story. Consider this more of a character re-analysis than anything else.