The Regular Borrower

First off, welcome to the new story on the block. I'm sure you've all seen the movie 'Borrowers'. If you haven't, get out from under the rock you are hiding under.

This story is about a 17 year old Borrower named Alex Chast. He has a small family, since his mother and father were... How do I put this nicely? Murdered by a bean infront of him at the age of 14.

Our story begins with Alex going off on an ordinary borrowing trip with his uncle Gary.

-Alex's Point Of View-

"Hey uncle, toss down the rope" I say, looking up at my unlce at the top of the desk we're climbing.

My uncle looks down at me and lowers the rope and holds it tight as I climb up.

"Thanks" I say to him once I reach the top. I look at my surroundings. I see alot of fabric strewn about, here and there. Perfect. We were looking for my stuff for clothes, I mean, we don't keep up with the latest fasion, but we don't like to where the same clothes every day. I grab enough for my whole family of four. Myself, my unlce, my brother James, and my aunt Mary. I hold the rope tight for my uncle as he climbs down.

As soon as he's at the bottom, I toss the fabric down to him, right before I climb down myself, I hear footsteps of a bean, making miniature earthquakes with every step.

I mouth the word 'RUN' at my uncle. Apparently he got the message because he bolted off to under the bed nearby. I looked around myself and dashed under the nearest piece of fabric. What is the bean doing home so early? My uncle and I waited untill everyone left...

I hear her talking to herself "Hmm, should I do some sowing, or should I watch some TV."

Never in my life have I wished for someone to watch TV in my life...

"Sowing" she says happily. 

Shit, Shit, Shit, SHIT! Is all I can think as I hear her sit down next to the desk.

I slightly calm myself at the thought that she might not use the fabric I'm under...

Nope.

She grabs the fabric I'm under, and I hold on for dear life. I hear the persistent pounding of the sowing machine.

I hear it get closer and closer. I know I have two choices, either painfully become a part of a dress or make a run for it. I choose option 2.

I let go of the fabric I was holding onto as I run as fast as I can.

I hear the bean make a curious "What" as she sees me running. As she comes back to her senses, she blocks my path with her hand and I run straight into it. I fall on my butt and I can only watch as she grabs me forcefully in a pinch fashion, with her thumb and pointer finger. 

As she lifts me up to inspect me, my mind goes back to the moment my parents died...

-FLASHBACK FTW-

"ALEX RUN!" My mother screams as she if trying to dodge the bean grabbing at her.

I start running as fast as I could. I almost reached the small hole in the wall which I call home, when I heard a scream.

I turn around, and as soon as I do, I wish I hadn't.

I see my mom and dad in the grasp of the bean. I watch in horror as he drops them from as high as he could. They fall and hit the hardwood floor. Then the bean picks their lifeless bodies up and throws them in the trash. 

I only got a glimpse of the bean's face. He was a guy with short black hair and a very white skin tone.

I swore that day that I would never befriend a bean. They are all evil.

-End O' Flashback-

(That Was Depressing)

The bean lifts me up to inspect me, and she freaks out. Almost throwing me in shock and suprise. She dashes into the kitchen and grabs a jar. She runs back into the sowing room and drops me into the jar, rather roughly. 

She starts looking at me, eyes wide. I mean to say something like 'What are you staring at', but all I can get out is "Please don't kill me."

Her eyes go from amazed, to curious, to worried at what I just said. "What? I'm not going to hurt you."