around you

with a sigh, heejin closes the door behind her, leaning on it while she slips out of her sneakers. another day of having to hide from horny boys who can't seem to understand what a lesbian is.

"bad day?", jiwoo asks without looking up from her phone, sitting on the kitchen counter.

"you know how it is, the usual", heejin answers, walking through the living room to hug her friend, "where are hyun and jungeun?"

"jungeun has a date tonight," jiwoo starts, finally putting her phone down, and heejin doesn't ask more, only hugging her tighter and pretending she didn't hear how the the former's voice broke. after a moment of silence, jiwoo speaks up again. "i think hyunjin is still practicing. you know how she gets before an important match."

despite her brows furrowing in concern, heejin can't help but smile. that is just so hyunjin. catching the other brunette looking at her weirdly, heejin ignores how her heart seems to have doubled in size and takes jiwoo's hand, leaning back in her embrace. "what if we had a disney marathon?"

the older girl immediately jumps off the counter, almost knocking heejin out in the process, squealing while nodding with energy, causing the latter to burst out laughing, affection swelling in her chest. "great! just let me make some popcorn. you can already choose a movie and put it on" she says, shaking her head with a smile at jiwoo's excited "okayyyy".

-

when heejin hears the front door open, it's already two in the morning and jiwoo is asleep on her lap, illuminated by the faint light of the television, frozen II playing in the background.

"why are you still awake? you should be asleep by now", hyunjin says as she takes off her coat and throws her sportsbag on the floor carelessly.

heejin doesn't answer and just opens her arms, sleepily urging the redhead to cuddle with her. shaking her head with fondness, hyunjin smiles, her cute canines showing, and skips towards the couch before settling in the crook of her best friend's neck, careful not to wake her other friend.

"did you stay up waiting for me?" she mumbles, happily humming as heejin lazily runs her fingers through her hair. "maybe" is the black haired girl's answer, and the latter can feel hyunjin smile in her neck, "why did you come home so late though? don't tell me you were overworking yourself again!".

with a sigh, hyunjin explains, straightening up, "i wasn't, i promise. it's just... chaewon got really drunk again and i had to take care of her. she was really sad... i think it has something to do with hyejoo and yerim? she's been in a really bad place recently and i- i just don't know what to do to help...". sighing, she shoots heejin a small, tired smile when the latter squeezes her hand in support and speaks up again, "after that, i got a call from my mom. she wants me to come back to korea during the holidays. apparently her coworker has a son that she would like me to meet. it's exhausting to just think about having to act like i care about men... but i haven't come out to my family yet and i feel like they wouldn't believe me if i did it now since i always scheme to avoid meeting suitors and... sorry i'm rambling, you probably can't keep up with anything i'm saying right now"

heejin slowly blinks at her twice and says with a yawn, "you know what? why don't we go to sleep and figure this out tomorrow? you clearly need to rest and then we will manage to find a way to prevent another disastrous vacation. so. what do you say?"

"you're right, this is a tomorrow-me problem", the redhead states before cheekily adding, "even though it technically already is tomorrow soooo-"

"oh, shut up you nerd" heejin laughs, failing to feign annoyance. with a smile, the younger girl complies, kissing jiwoo goodnight and burying her head in the crook of her best friend's neck.

--
well hello there!
new fic? i'm probably going to update this one more because even though the plotline is cliché, i like it better than "admirer" and i'm really not inspired by the latter anymore lol.
anyways, have a good day!!