Prologue: Friend or Foe?

The sky's once blue hue was now covered by the dark shade of the storm clouds, circling up above, the roaring voice of the gods echoing amongst the flashes of lightning that refracted in the midst of the raindrops.

Amidst all this chaos, hidden inside a small warehouse stood a man, no, a boy. With such a young face he stood there, blood on his hands and tears running down his face as if to discover which one of them could reach the floor beneath him first.

However, it wasn't only blood that weighted down his shaky hands, a lifeless, frail arm also stood laying on his slender fingers as he cried over the cruel fate that had bestowed whoever that arm belonged to.

But this story is old... a memory at this point, a faint remembrance of the end of a time where things were simpler, better and safer.

"Kuro..." A soft fingertip brushed against the boy's cheek as if to check if he was truly awake, "Ah- Yeah, I'm here. Got lost on memories of the past" The man spoke in a deep yet monotone voice as he raised his right hand to touch the head of the person in front of him.

This person was a girl or to be more precise, a robot that looked like a girl, something known as a T-Doll. T-Dolls are known for the weapons they wield and named after them, however, his doll was different in many aspects, it could completely think for itself and it looked more... human than normal.

His hand was laid upon her pinkish hair and ruffled it from side to side a little, the bright smile that rose on her face due to the gesture immediately contrasted with the black and red of her jacket and boots... but it somehow matched with the core like structure that glowed bright red in the middle of her chest.

"How are you feeling today, SOP... Uh I-I mean, Angelica?" The girl swatted away his hand from her hair and puffed her cheeks, "I told you I hate my factory name! I'm not... so simple like the one you speak off..." There was a tone of sadness in her voice somehow as if she knew that something was up with her and the reason she was made. "My apologies... So do we have any contract for today? If we don't, are w-"

A loud thud could be heard from the roof of the facility where they were currently staying in, shadowy figures quickly slid down the sides of the building and only silhouettes could be discerned from the dark background of the dense forest.

Both of them instantly stopped their conversation and assumed a more favorable position, Angelica took cover behind what looked like... a grenade box, while Kuro took cover behind a thick metal sheet that was laid up against a wall and a pillar.

He looked at her and after a soft chuckle and shaking his head, to which she smiled and shrugged, he signaled her to watch the back door while he watched the front one, both of them lacked any of weapons at that very moment, so if push came to shove they would have to improvise...