History

Linkin Park was formed in 1996. Linkin Park was founded by three highschool friends, Mike Shinoda, Rob Bourdon, and Brad Delson. They attended Agoura High School in Agoura Hills, California. After highschool, the three began taking their musical interests more seriously, recruiting Joe Hahn, Dave " Phoenix " Farrell, and Mark Wakefield to perform with their band and they called themselves Xero. They started recording in Shinoda's makeshift bedroom, because the limited resources, in 1996, resulting in a four-track demo tape, titled Xero. Tension and frustration rose when the band failed to land a record deal. With the lack of success and stalemate in progress promoted Wakefield, at the time the bands vocalist, to leave the band in search of other projects. Farrell also left to tour with Tasty Snax, a Christian punk and ska band.

After losing Wakefield and Farrell, Xero recruited Arizona vocalist Chester Bennington, who was recommended by Jeff Blue, vice president of Zombie Music in March 1999. Bennington, formally of a post grunge band named Grey Daze, became a standout applicants because of dynamic of his singing style. The band then agreed to change its name to Hybrid Theory.

In 1999 the band released a self - titled extened play. The band also wanted to change it's name to Linkin Park, after San Monica's Lincion Park, ( now called Christine Emerson Reed Park ). Linkin Park have sold over 100 million records and the groups first album is one the best selling albums in the U.S. and worldwide.

On May 17, 2017, Linkin Park suffered a great lose. Chris Cornell commited suicide and three months later, Chester Bennington commited suicide. The band is still open for a new vocalists but they say that nobody can replace Chester.