The Mirror

I woke up to the sound of knocking on glass. At first, I thought it was the window until I heard it again, it came from the mirror. I sat up slowly, watching it, the moon light peeking through the tree branches at my window. Slowly I stand, not taking my eyes off of the mirror, and slowly shuffled to it. At first glance it seemed completely average but then it rippled, like a leaf dropping into a pool of water. It intrigued me; I put my hand up to it as the reflection of myself started to change. A girl I have never seen before appeared.

"Leave now," she screamed, "Get out, get out now. She'll be back soon." Crash, "It's too late she is coming, run." Her hand shoots through the mirror and grabs mine, I'm pulled through to a world of darkness.

The girl has disappeared, sitting on the cold damp floor of an unknown room, I hear something, the wailing sound of a woman screaming. The sound booming in my ears getting louder with every passing instant. My instinct is to hide but my legs won't move. I lower my self to the ground as much as possible and slow my breathing. I can see a figure moving by the door to the room, it's distorted but human looking. The arms are scrunched close to its body, its legs were broken and it didn't have a head.

The creature moves as if it could smell something, when it turned away from the room I found its head, hanging off the side of her body, mouth and eyes sown shut, nose still sniffing the air.

I test my legs, never taking my eyes off of the disfigured woman. She was moving now but not a lot, she mustn't know I'm here.

My arms and legs are pushed closer to my body, I don't know how or why. The girl from before had reappeared behind me, holding me closer to the ground and out of sight. "Stay completely still." She whispered in my ear.

Another crash came from somewhere down the hall, the woman ran towards the sound, wailing again.